Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radar Station Name used during Holidays, same Call as Home Radar ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radar Station Name used during Holidays, same Call as Home Radar ?

Hi,
    (sorry I don't like to hurt somebody)

a discussion, if the home radar name should be used during holidays.
    Or would it better to use a special one like HO01 - HO99. Can it be changed ?
    Just now I am seeing ENSN making holidays in northern italy near Meran.
    Looks a bit confusing.
    http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=LSGG

A good solution for everybody might be the use of the "home call" starting with H=Holiday ?
    There seems to be no ICAO designators starting with H.
    But go on transmitting. It is nice to see parts of Europe being covered where no traffic has been seen before !

Comment

Sorry, Evolv5,
      that you didn't understand the question.
      If you are uploading messages by using your nearby home airport lets say EDXX then all your flights are shown in the detail display at radar with EDXX.
      If you are travelling around with your 2nd box in South America the flights you are receiving there are then shown under the same radar EDXX.
      It would be nice that these flights are shown different, using a nearby airport or your home airport with an additional letter in front of it.

Comment

I think the solution is to keep always original code, so it's easier for me to identify who is transmitting in case of any problems.

Comment

You could use your own callsign with a /p for portable like radio hams do.

For me, I can use my own callsign G0XYZ when transmitting at home, or I can use G0XYZ/P when operating portable. Or I can use G0XYZ/EA when in Spain. Spains callsigns for radio amateurs use EA as the beginning of the callsign.

Comment

Hi

I am the owner of ENSN. I am not on holiday . I just started to use MMS2 ( some sharing utility for SBS-1 ). Thats why my radar shows up in nothern Italy. Its probably a bug in the MMS2 software, or maybe i have to read the manual/guide a little bit better . But now ENSN is back where he belong..! ( i turned off MMS2 )

\\ flylow
            Last edited by flylow; 2010-05-11, 18:00.

Comment

Hi, flylow,
              please understand it right.
              That was not at all against you.
              But I took it up as an example what might happen if somebody is travelling around using his home airport on his laptop.
              But it was very interesting that your radar picked up real flights in the alps from west to east.
              Last edited by Charky; 2010-05-11, 18:13.

Comment

Hi Charky

I wanted to make a joke in the reply before, and tell you that i only put up my new outside aerial ( the truth is that i am still waiting for my new aerial to arrive from USA ).

I dont think this example will be a big problem for FR24. If you tell Mike you go on a holiday, maybe he makes a holiday code for you..?

I also think it was interesting that my radar picked up "real" signals in the alps from west to east. I am a new user of the SBS-1 and the MMS2 program, but i am learning something new every day.

\\ flylow

Comment

MMS is a SBS-1/Basestation sharing server, so when flylow connected to the server/network, flights of other networks users was seen in flylow's basestation and then sent from his basestation to our server.

My recommendation is to never change the radar ICAO code setting, the reason for me using the ICAO code is to identify radars, if everyone starts playing around with the codes we will just get a mess. If someone brings his radar for vacation he/she can use his original code for some days/weeks at another location, noting strange about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    MMS is a SBS-1/Basestation sharing server, so when flylow connected to the server/network, flights of other networks users was seen in flylow's basestation and then sent from his basestation to our server.
                    Hi,
                    looks still strange to me. Why this happens only to radar stations in the alps.
                    Is there a way to select a special part pf europe to replace the radar name ? (Lat./Lon ?)

Comment

Hi

The network have about 35 connected radars ( nodes ). If i connect to everyone, my radar will show up everywhere on FR24.

\\ flylow

Comment

If you use MMS2 you do not need to feed FR24 as it will receive direct from MMS2 server.
                        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                          If you use MMS2 you do not need to feed FR24 as it will receive direct from MMS2 server.
                          Ok...

Thanks for the info...

Comment

Working...
                          X