Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location Pointer on Map

Folks,

The blue location spot that shows on the map appears to have a small pointer that moves around the circumference of the location spot. Initially I thought it may be pointing to closest aircraft but it changes position too much for that.

Anyone able to enlighten me as to its functionality?

Geoff

You mean the round dot of your location, vs the airport marker.

Believe compass direction you're facing. To help with AR/direction finding
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      You mean the round dot of your location, vs the airport marker.

Believe compass direction you're facing. To help with AR/direction finding
      Yes, I do mean the round dot. It seems to move randomly around the DOT when device is stationary but I've checked it walking and agree, it does seem to be some compass reading.

I would query its purpose though, whilst a good idea in principle it is so small so difficult to see plus of course when outside the glare on screen makes it impossible to see.

Only just noticed it although used the mobile and web based app for years. A minor criticism for a brilliant service though.

Plus I do supply ADS-B data via my Pi

Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by Geffers View Post
        Folks,

The blue location spot that shows on the map appears to have a small pointer that moves around the circumference of the location spot. Initially I thought it may be pointing to closest aircraft but it changes position too much for that.

Anyone able to enlighten me as to its functionality?

Geoff
        Hey, it is indeed a direction pointer (compass). In case the arrow is moving randomly, you can try and recalibrate your device.

Thanks for using FR24!
        Toni
        FR24

Comment

Working...
        X