Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map zooming

Hi all

Is there any way to control the amount of zoom on the map on the website?

I find it either zoomed in too much or not enough, and the sweet spot would be somewhere in between the two levels. How can I do this - I've tried CTRL, Shift and various combinations when zooming but it has no effect.

Any help appreciated

Thanks
    Brian

The map increment level is the number at the end of the URL. So you have fr24.com/[LONG][LAT]/[ZOOM][

Comment

Thanks for that, but if I have the map on 8 it's too close, and 7 is too far out. I've tried using a decimal number (7.5) but it doesn't work Seems like I'm stuck with this.

Comment

For what it's worth - in case the developers are monitoring these forums - I have the same issue. 5 is zoomed too far out and 6 is too far in. An increment between them, or a bigger scale, would be helpful.

Comment

I'm a new member of the forum, who has been using FR24 -- Windows/browser and Android app -- for several years now. The Android app is easy to zoom as-desired, of course ("pinch" in and out). But the Windows/browser version? In this version the zoom does not change gradually: it changes in step-jumps.

Today I discovered that this is because FR24/Windows-browser uses an integer at the end of the URL to assign the zoom-level for the display. From "2" (whole world, in Mercator projection) down to at least "21" (Nelson's Column (in London's Trafalgar Square) + its attendant lions fill my screen) (2m = 1.5 cm on my screen)

Unfortunately, I want to look at Europe at a zoom-level between 5 and 6: perhaps about 5.4. "Unfortunately," I say, because FR24/Windows won't give me a zoom-level of 5.4. Only levels in integers.

So -- like the OP and the one who posted above -- when I'm using my laptop-with-Windows I'd like to see a map that zooms smoothly with the scrolling wheel on my mouse.

The way the map on the ADS-B Exchange site zooms, now.

Pretty please?

Comment

Working...
          X