Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FlightRadar database still being updated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlightRadar database still being updated?

Hi,

I was just wondering if the aircraft details that users are posting in the FlightRadar Database thread are being added to the database?

I posted there in Feb and the aircraft hasn’t been added yet? Also see a few other users are posting saying their stuff hasn’t been added yet.

Just curious to know if it’s still being maintained ‍♂️

finch6, I have same experience as you.

Comment

Refer https://forum.flightradar24.com/foru...707#post139707 from 2018

Similar sounding?

There are a couple of 'volunteer' ones also. Who have not been visiting as regularly, but we can't hold that against them. Volunteer is the word here. And some of them don't even feed FR24 or partake other than to transpose changes. So we can't expect them to spend days on end chasing up backlogs.

Add to that the number of people mucking it up. Or not doing homework first. And suddenly you likely want to introduce artificial delay to ensure the records are backed up or not corrected a short time later. Exported US airframes to South America for example, removed or updated, and soon after have users trying to re-add them again because they have not been re-programmed (by passing the HEX needs to meet country rule) leading to duplicates

Probably have editors selectively ignoring or being cautious of these and being overlooked or skipped as a result.

Once upon a time, they also had moderator access. And would edit the last post that had been actioned with a note so they knew what place in the messaging queue was up to for the next person to resume. I don't see this occurring so there is bound to be some failures with overlapping work being done by not logged-in forum editors/users.

For the record, I'm not a dbase editor or have access.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

It can take up to a year for some to be added

Or to paraphrase the above 'editors selectively chose what to add' so some are added within seconds

Comment

Originally posted by WayneKing View Post
          It can take up to a year for some to be added

Or to paraphrase the above 'editors selectively chose what to add' so some are added within seconds
          I sent you private message, please check your inbox

Comment

Working...
          X