Playback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playback

New member here, please be kind lol. I have been a casual subscription user for about a year. I tend to use the playback feature a lot. Since Wednesday 11th Feb, so 4 days ago, my playback has gone weird and all aircraft have the same large plane icon. There is no distinction between helicopters, light aircraft, jet airlines, etc. But if I playback on any day previous to the 11th, it’s fine and the various icons are there. As they also are for real time play. I’m very confused. Is this a glitch, anyone else is experiencing? Or am I doing, or have done, some massive novice error that has cause this? Any help would be great thanks.

Originally posted by LucyBaron View Post
    New member here, please be kind lol. I have been a casual subscription user for about a year. I tend to use the playback feature a lot. Since Wednesday 11th Feb, so 4 days ago, my playback has gone weird and all aircraft have the same large plane icon. There is no distinction between helicopters, light aircraft, jet airlines, etc. But if I playback on any day previous to the 11th, it’s fine and the various icons are there. As they also are for real time play. I’m very confused. Is this a glitch, anyone else is experiencing? Or am I doing, or have done, some massive novice error that has cause this? Any help would be great thanks.
    Hi!

My experience is that sometimes the labels disappear and the aircraft icons are the same as you wrote. But sometimes it comes back and they are correct for a while in playback mode.

I created a video that shows how the app changes the labels and the icons: https://youtu.be/v_E5_ZckEtI

Browser:
    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:86.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/86.0
    Firefox 78.8.0esr
    T-ENGM162 ex T-ENHA4, T-ENGM86, T-LHBP22

My photos - Planespotters
    My photos - Jetphotos

Comment

The icons are 'sprites'.
      Single images with lots of directions/logos contained in a single image.

And the data back-end was changed during the recode by the sounds.

Guessing here, but possibly Chances are with the change, the new method can't lookup the icons the same for historic stuff as it's on a different platform.

You could try a forced browser refresh (to make it re-download all the assets like sprites). Differs between browsers. Ctrl-F5 may trigger.

But if you see the number of new threads, from new people. And how they have had 0 response from anyone of authority. Don't hold breath.

You can try point it out on Facebook. But they will just point you to the Blog like everyone else is being.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

It is certainly not refresh or cache problem. I have tried it out with a browser where I never used the FR24 before. Of course I tried with reload to override the cache with that browser that I use every day, but it did not help.

I tried out some other thing. Stopped the playback and zoom a bit out or in and sometimes the icons are back. It looks like that a refresh happens, because the pause icon changes to an animated wheel, and after that, wow the icons are back. But after some seconds it falls back and the correct icons are replaced with the general icons.
        T-ENGM162 ex T-ENHA4, T-ENGM86, T-LHBP22

My photos - Planespotters
        My photos - Jetphotos

Comment

Working...
        X