Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for flight history for research

Dear all,

I have recorded acoustic signals in Kenya last year in March as part of an academic research project.
    At one time, we think we have recorded an airplane and would like to confirm this by checking flightradar on that day in the region that we recorded.
    Day/time:
    March 01 2019, 09:23:52UTC

Is there anyone who could help me with this request?

Best wishes,
    Michael

Dear Michael,

In order to see such things, you need a business subscription to FR24 which allows you to see, let's say, "3 years in the past". I have a business subscription as I feed data to the FR24 network. Checking your request, I made some screenshots for that time. Here's what I found:
    - at 09:23 to 09:24, there is no aicraft passing the location suggested by you (approximative position - light blue point);
    - before, at 09:18, a Royal Air Force tanker crosses the sky, but I think that there are more than 50 km from your position;
    - later, at 09:29, a KLM aircraft flies the same heading, but a little bit closer.

See the results below in the attached pictures. My conclusion is that, unless you heard a military plane which FR24 could not track, then it is possible to be something else.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your research!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Working...
    X