FR24 and Dump1090 wont start on Pi reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR24 and Dump1090 wont start on Pi reboot

Whenever I reboot my Raspi 4 I with Buster have to manually start FR24 and Dump1090. I am feeding data fine using beast as the configuration. In the past I was using Stretch with no problems. Is there some line in any configuration that will allow an automatic start?

Sure it's not the buggy auto start issue with 25-6

A
    sudo fr24feed-status
    Will confirm after a fresh boot.

Else it should as long as
    Sudo systemctl start fr24feed
    and associated dump1090 version startups was Executed and added as service during setup.

You can check for it with sudo systemctl status fr24feed

Changing it from default to beast-tcp without some extra work wont make dump1090 auto start if it was the included version also

​​​​
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Once Raspi is booted I can manually start, but wont start on its own FR24 failed start.PNG y

Comment

Slightly larger snip fr24Capture.PNG

Comment

In the topic you say both FR24 AND Dump1090.

What version of dump1090. And what is it's status while it is not working

Are you certain you are running as beast-tcp and not DVBT? - Whats your exact configuration/setup

Because at a glance, fr24feed is stopping due to the staged launching trigger
          Trying to restart, and then failing to restart.

Which is almost identical to the fault with 25-6. But seems to effect those with dump1090-mutability when we assume fr24feed tries to launch before it too fast.

FR24feed service itself is the same between versions but something with the new binary does not wait long enough or get what it is expecting quick enough
          Be it dump1090, or an IP connection test since the DDoS attacks.

[Unit]
          Description=Flightradar24 Decoder & Feeder
          After=network-online.target - Wait for network to start before launching

[Service]
          Type=simple
          Restart=always
          LimitCORE=infinity
          ExecStartPre=-/usr/lib/fr24/install_dump1090.sh
          ExecStartPre=-/usr/lib/fr24/unregister_kernel_modules.sh
          ExecStartPre=-/usr/lib/fr24/create_missing_directories.sh
          ExecStart=/usr/bin/fr24feed
          User=fr24
          Group=fr24
          PermissionsStartOnly=true
          StandardOutput=null

[Install]
          WantedBy=multi-user.target

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

fr24Capture.PNGdunp1090cfg.PNGfr24 settings.PNG maybe I should reinstall dump1090 FR24 status.PNG

Comment

So mutability version?

Turn off raw and decoded data in fr24feed for a start point.

Those will be in use and open by dump1090 and cause a bind error on launch. If they have changed the new version to look out for it, will explain fail to start.

And then check the feeder version. And try the downgrade trick

But it seems more and more like the new one is just flawed.

Comment

ok, some experiments:
                1. fr24 set to beast, manually restart dump and fr24 after reboot, tracks fine.
                2.fr24 set to dvbt, fr24 starts on reboot, dump gmap shows ajax,,,yet....fr24 is tracking
                3. raw and decode off, no effect.

Comment

Yeah try not to change to dvbt after you set things up manually.
                  It forces their version of dump1090 to reinstall... (at least it did, not sure if still) and breaks the maps.

But note there is a new version now... 26-9 to stop crashing on start.

Comment

dumpgmap.PNGfr24 as dvbt.PNG

how does fr24 dvbt tracking....I guess dump is working but not the gmap

what command to get the latest version of 26-9?

Comment

Again, how do I obtain 26-9?

Thanks for all the help in this forum

Comment

unless you disabled auto update, and it doesn't look like you did because it managed to get up to the broken one

it will automatically do it over night or on restart of service when it does the version check.

sudo apt-get update
                        sudo apt-get install fr24feed

When you change the configuration to dvb-t it over writes any existing dump1090 with -mutability. And most the features you had setup with it.

Probably time to run weidehopfs dump1090-fa fixit script.
                        Last edited by Oblivian; 2020-10-19, 05:03.

Comment

I purged both fr24 and dump1090 mutability, then installed first dump1090 mutability, then fr24 26-9. everything feeds fine as beast.
                          On reboot, fr24 now is showing in feeder status, however I cannot start dump1090, either on startup or via "sudo service dump1090-mutability restart"

Comment

Systemctl now

sudo systemctl status dump1090-mutability

If none found, didn't install right

Comment

Ok, I reinstalled working, now I am afraid to reboot

Comment

Working...
                              X