FR24 on Raspberry pi 4 not booting to Desktop GUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR24 on Raspberry pi 4 not booting to Desktop GUI

Hi...I have installed FR24-raspberry-pi-latest image on my Raspberry pi 4. After it boots up, it just ends on a command prompt and the app does not open. Can anyone help please. I have been into config via ssh and set it to boot to Desktop GUI

59F9F546-74B8-493F-897A-D32537AEA4A4.jpeg Further to my previous post, here is a screenshot of what happens after boot.

Comment

I'm running DietPi + the FR24 install wget script, but since nobody else has replied...

I was not aware that the pi24 image contained an X server (ie local GUI) at all, only CLI and the web server on :8754.

Can you post a picture of what you are expecting to see?

Also, what happens when you type the following:
      startx &
      (and hit enter)?

Comment

Originally posted by ScrappyLaptop View Post
        I'm running DietPi + the FR24 install wget script, but since nobody else has replied...

I was not aware that the pi24 image contained an X server (ie local GUI) at all, only CLI and the web server on :8754.

Can you post a picture of what you are expecting to see?

Also, what happens when you type the following:
        startx &
        (and hit enter)?
        They only added it on the latest image. And what's expected is the same as what you see on the :8754 web

It's not a gui as such. But a slim web browser that opens that same web page fullscreen. So in many cases no mouse or clickable links. But the basic status page
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post

They only added it on the latest image. And what's expected is the same as what you see on the :8754 web

It's not a gui as such. But a slim web browser that opens that same web page fullscreen. So in many cases no mouse or clickable links. But the basic status page
          Thanks! In that case "startx &" will be a waste of time. Is there a shell command (script name, executable name, etc) Howard could type in at the prompt to see if it is at least installed and operating correctly?
          Last edited by ScrappyLaptop; 2020-08-31, 00:09. Reason: Grammar correction, apologies.

Comment

Probably. But we didn't even get notified there was one added to the image and a new image released (it fixed a lot of other stuff that posts were appearing about on Pi4) let alone how to restart/run it.

I believe when you have it onscreen. It uses normal console switchout to go between it, and the startup messages

Ctrl-Alt-F1
            Ctrl-Alt-F2

https://forum.flightradar24.com/foru...398#post190398
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
            X