Flight/Plane info missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight/Plane info missing

I can't find this anywhere on the forum so it must be something simple I'm doing wrong. The app on my Iphone displays detailed info on the flight that Ive selected such as speed and owner and such but on the webpage when I click on the plane icon all i get is the destination and company name. I went into settings and adjusted the label info but it doesn't show on the plane info when I click on the plane icon. What setting have I screwed up on?

What browser are you using and when you say you only get the destination and company name, where? Are you referring to the "label" against the aircraft icon on the map or the left-hand panel?
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Sorry for lack of info and just learning terminology as I just bought into the Silver status after using this app for free for a few years. I didn't know it was available for use on my PC until this week so I'm getting used to the new format.
      Using Google Chrome.
      By label I do mean the notes alongside the plane icon that you follow along the flight path. That seems to have a limited amount of info next to the plane icon.
      When I click on the plane icon a window opens up on the left hand side of the screen which sometimes has a photo of the type of plane. But only adds the flight number. To and from info and the owner of the plane.
      On my iPhone app the detailed info that is on the left screen is on the bottom and gives that info plus altitude, ground speed, and registration number.
      That is the info I was looking for on my PC.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification.

On the righ-hand side of the Chrome map should be a set of icons.

The top one is a gear wheel and will open the Settings popout window.

On the Map tab you will see Aircraft Labels. There' an ? icon to the tight. Hover over this for an explanation.

You can configure up to four label rows. Experiment.
        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Thank you Mike.
          I was aware of that setting and have it set as I like for the labels. I was looking to get the info on the left side of the screen that pops up when you click on an icon to have that information like my phone does.
          Is that possible?

Comment

To clarify - If I click on the icon of the plane I am following that label information is no longer displayed near the icon and it does not show up on the box on the left.

Comment

Clicking on an aircraft icon should open the left-hand panel as shown. Are you left mouse "clicking" the icon or just "hovering" with the mouse?

I've no idea why it's not doing so for you. Earlier you said it did? Photos will not always be available but the rest of the data should show.

When I click on the plane icon a window opens up on the left hand side of the screen which sometimes has a photo of the type of plane. But only adds the flight number. To and from info and the owner of the plane.
              01.jpg
              Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

That is exactly the window I want to see! That is what I see on my phone also. The window I get when I click in the plane icon shows on the left but has far less info in it. When I click on an airport icon that same window as you show comes up for a second then changes to a smaller popup.
                That is why I posted here was to find out what setting I have mis-set so I don't get that additional info.
                What are your settings that allow that popup?

Comment

What are your settings that allow that popup?
                  Apart from suppressing the aircraft photo, there are no settings. You should see everything when you click on an icon.

Can you post or link to a screenshot of what you see?

Are you viewing the browser on a Windows PC or, if not, on what?
                  Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Screenshot (3).png

Comment

The above is all I'm seeing.
                      Just tried using it through micro Edge . not any different. My screen looks completely diff from yours
                      Last edited by Lemony; 2020-08-22, 18:12.

Comment

Thanks.

I think I can see what you've got, something I've never noticed before.

In the top right you have Multi-select set

Change this to Map view (default).

02.jpg
                        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Boom! That was it. Thank you person. I thought I had tried that.
                          Its much better now.
                          Thank you so much that was driving me crazy.

Comment

We got there together. Glad it's better for you now.
                            Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Working...
                            X