Filter by exact ICAO aircraft code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filter by exact ICAO aircraft code

Hi, is there a way to filter by an exact ICAO code? It seems to use the filter as a prefix, not an exact match.

For example, the ICAO code for the C17 Globemaster is "C17", but entering this as an aircraft filter will also show anything where the ICAO code starts with C17 - for example lots of Cessna Skyhawk derivatives which have the code "C172". So, is there a way to specify an exact match? I've tried quotes but that matches nothing.

Thanks!

Good point. I don't know the answer but can confirm the same thing is occuring here on the website. And this is the first time I've seen it mentioned in 7 years!
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

as a workaround…
      Originally posted by djiff View Post
      It would be a nice feature to filter out submodels like we do a search on a search engine, for example: C17, -C172, adding the minus sign before to exclude a certain airplane type.

Comment

No solution to this yet? The fact that filters (website and app) seem to act generically is not good. If I want the filter to be generic how about letting me specify C17* for example? If there is no '*' then I want an exact match.

TIA.

Comment

Working...
        X