No planes in sky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No planes in sky

Hi, I've registered to ask this question, hope it's OK? I've googled and read the pinned posts but can't see anything related.
    I've been watching the website for a few days and really getting in to it, but today the sky has been very quiet, in real life and on the website. Now, here's the thing, there were 2 planes showing on the website that should have been passing my house but there hasnt been any! I watched the website as it tracked a small craft going forward and back but not once did I see it! Then there was meant to be a transatlantic flight according to the site, but nothing! Does anyone know why this might be? Thanks

Anyone??
    I've just looked at the website again and the plane is still out??
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by loopee_lu View Post
      Anyone??
      I've just looked at the website again and the plane is still out??
      I see a similar track in that area. I am a long way from there (Phoenix, Arizona). Considering the altitude and track, I would suspect some form of aerial photography. It also resembles crop-dusting, but on a gigantic scale. Maybe anti-mosquito spray, Agent Orange, Anti-Virus, etc. (just kidding). In the desert Southwest USA, that plane type is a favorite of the Border Patrol, Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms, and the Drug Enforcement Agency.

Comment

Oh yea, I forgot: About 6 months ago a similar Government Agency plane was doing a rectangular racetrack pattern about 6 miles distant from me and about 6000 ft above ground level. With the phone + app in hand and a good pair of binos, I searched the flight area for about 45 minutes. I'm a retired land surveyor and a bit of an amateur astronomer. I am pretty handy with rough AZ/ELEV comps. If there really was a plane up there, that sucker was totally invisible.
        Last edited by rwier; 2020-05-31, 17:33.

Comment

Answers to some of the questions we've received due to the the decline in air traffic and increased visibility of certain flights around the world.

Keep in mind the stuff you see on screen is also About 6-8sec ahead
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
          X