• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve
    replied
    Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
    Hi Steve.

No i am not the developer of the App, but someone on here should be able to help.

I just had a brain storm, deleting the cache in Safari might not make any difference as its an App.

Try deleting the App again and then before downloading it again do search on your Ipad to see if there any old files from Flightradar24, if there is delete them before downloading the App.

Mike / Speedbird
    Performing a full restore and not using a back up which is what I have done should have removed everything to do with FR24, I have both the Pro and Free versions installed now and they both have map issues for me. I checked the maps using google maps and the map appears correctly.

I am starting to think it may be a bug in the app, so I shall email the developer with the details. Thanks again for your ideas.

Leave a comment:

• speedbird1960
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve View Post
    Speedbird, are you the developer of the app? I was wondering if I should email the developer with my issues.
    Hi Steve.

No i am not the developer of the App, but someone on here should be able to help.

I just had a brain storm, deleting the cache in Safari might not make any difference as its an App.

Try deleting the App again and then before downloading it again do search on your Ipad to see if there any old files from Flightradar24, if there is delete them before downloading the App.

Mike / Speedbird

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Speedbird, are you the developer of the app? I was wondering if I should email the developer with my issues.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Ok, A Full restore of the Ipad 2 and fresh install of FR24 did not fix the map tile issue. I don't have any more options now.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Just doing a full restore of the device to try and fix the issues. Will let you know of the outcome.

OK Steve, don't forget to back up your phone. ( Speedbird )
    Last edited by speedbird1960; 2011-11-05, 09:08.

Leave a comment:

• speedbird1960
    replied
    Yeah as in the above post I have done that already, didn't make any difference. Thanks Anyway.
    Hi Steve.

I can't think of anything else to try apart from deleting the app again and re- downloading it.

Hope you get it sorted, Mike

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Yeah as in the above post I have done that already, didn't make any difference. Thanks Anyway.

Leave a comment:

• speedbird1960
    replied
    Hi Steve.

One last thing i found about deleting data from your Cache, have a look to see if you find Flightradar24 in the 'website data'

"Apple has rearranged Safari’s preferences (in the Settings app), and all of Safari’s settings remain the same save one—Clear Cookies and Clear Cache are now a single item, Clear Cookies And Data. However, the Developer screen has been renamed Advanced and has gained a list of websites that have stored data locally, as well as the amount of data stored by each. You can delete the data for a particular site by using the familiar swipe-to-delete gesture, or delete all locally stored website data by tapping Remove All Website Data."

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Hi Steve.

There seems to be some issue's with IOS 5 and maps, have read of this: http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/10/ios...some-problems/

Cache button has been replaced by remove 'website data'. You can be specific or remove all. ( This is possibly in advanced settings. )

Mike / Speedbird
    Thanks Mike, I did read that page earlier, I went to Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data and cleared it all, but to no avail.

I only updated FR24 Pro just the other day although I can not be sure that this was a cause of the issue.

Thanks

Steve

Leave a comment:

• speedbird1960
    replied
    Hi Steve.

There seems to be some issue's with IOS 5 and maps, have read of this: http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/10/ios...some-problems/

Cache button has been replaced by remove 'website data'. You can be specific or remove all. ( This is possibly in advanced settings. )

Mike / Speedbird

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Hi Steve.

I don't know if you have cleared the cache, but this is how you do it:

To clear the browser cache
    From the Home screen, choose Settings > Safari. Tap Clear Cache.

If that does not work try re-installing the app as all the previous data should now be gone.

Mike / Speedbird
    I don't think that IOS 5 has the clear cache option. I have uploaded 2 images, the first is the lack of clear cache button, and the second is the map issue that I have.

Thanks for the fast replies, much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• speedbird1960
    replied
    Hi Steve.

I don't know if you have cleared the cache, but this is how you do it:

To clear the browser cache
    From the Home screen, choose Settings > Safari. Tap Clear Cache.

If that does not work try re-installing the app as all the previous data should now be gone.

Mike / Speedbird

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Hi Steve, welcome to the Forum.

Try emptying your cache and deleting your cookies as some of map data will still be there. ( Make sure you know all your passwords before doing this as they will be lost after this.)

Mike / Speedbird
    Thanks for the suggestion, in iOS 5 you can only clear cookies and history from safari. Is there anything else I missed?
    I have done that but I still have the disarranged map tiles.

Leave a comment:

• speedbird1960
    replied
    I have updated to the latest version of fr24 pro and I am now getting the map tiles disarranged. I have tried deleting the app and redownloading, but the map s still bad.

Any ideas?
    Hi Steve, welcome to the Forum.

Try emptying your cache and deleting your cookies as some of map data will still be there. ( Make sure you know all your passwords before doing this as they will be lost after this.)

Mike / Speedbird

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    I have updated to the latest version of fr24 pro and I am now getting the map tiles disarranged. I have tried deleting the app and redownloading, but the map s still bad.

Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X