Mysterious Flight BE 821. New user baffled, explantion appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mysterious Flight BE 821. New user baffled, explantion appreciated

Hi. As a new subscriber to FR24, it's very possible I've misunderstood how it works and not understood, either, what it is that I'm seeing.

Such was the case last night, Wednesday January 22nd, when I chose an aircraft at random to follow its flight over the Irish Sea.

The flight was BE821, MAN to IOM.

When I first saw it, the Flybe Dash 8-400 was nearing the Isle of Man coast. But then it stopped, and started going around and around in repeated circles for about 15 minutes. Finally, it gave up on the journey, and flew all the way back to Manchester. I tracked it on FR24 for almost an hour.

I would've thought it highly unusual for a scheduled civilian flight to get almost to its destination and then spin around on the spot and head all the way back home again. FR24 has marked the record of the flight with a red dot (on my iPad screen) and a red vertical bar on my Windows PC screen.

Does that mean BE821 was actually aborted last night? Or did something go wrong with the MLAT data? I'll try to upload the route history screenshot.
    Attached Files

BE821 appears to have been unable to land at Douglas IOM due to heavy fog. The FR24 tracking appears to be correct and the aircraft had to return to Manchester after a couple of circuits, hoping the fog would clear. But it didn't.

The fog persisted until mid-day on 23rd January 2020.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
      BE821 appears to have been unable to land at Douglas IOM due to heavy fog. The FR24 tracking appears to be correct and the aircraft had to return to Manchester after a couple of circuits, hoping the fog would clear. But it didn't.

The fog persisted until mid-day on 23rd January 2020.
      Many thanks, Mike, for riding to the rescue in regard to this query. That must've been quite an experience -- even an ordeal -- for pax who'd thought when they set off from Manchester it would only be a half hour flight to IOM. Instead it turned into 90 minutes and back in Manchester. Being a newbie, I wasn't sure if I was misreading FR24's flight chronicle. Or if some kind of glitch had occurred. I'm most grateful to you for taking the trouble to reply and help in this way.

Comment

Originally posted by John Devis
        We are here to help you in solving software related issues, internet security, antivirus, GPS navigation, and email support issues, etc. If you have any related issues visit the website below.To start using your antivirus software, you need to first redeem your retail card by visiting
        After this, you can download and install your software and activateyour subscription.
        Huh??
        Last edited by Oblivian; 2020-01-27, 19:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Hearst View Post

Huh??
          Noone wants to setup the spam filters and prevention properly.

Don't re quote their junk links. It only makes it tracked more.
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

@Oblivian: I only quoted the post to which my attention had been drawn by an email topic update kindly sent by Fr24 because I hadn't located any 'reply' button at the bottom of this page or after any post on this page. Anyway. I've found it now on top of the page, so all's well. I responded 'huh" because having started this thread by saying I was 'baffled' I initially wondered if the post was about software-related issues. However, as Mike had already answered my cry for help in some detail, I really didn't see the point of fellow FR24 forum member John Devis's post. For the record: I wouldn't touch anything to do with former US Presidential hopeful John McAfee, still less McAfee AV software and whichever conglomerate happens to own it now. Not sure what you mean by not bothering to set up spam filters?? The John Devis post didn't at first sight resemble spam. Assuming that it was, then it's a contender for the title of Daftest Attempt on any Internet Forum.

Comment

It was.

Off topic and full of links. 1 post and in the profile the same url links.

All designed to raise Google ranking

Just report those for investigation
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
              X