chrome browser the maps only showing on left hand side of webpage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrome browser the maps only showing on left hand side of webpage

in chrome browser the maps only showing on left hand side of webpage 60% of screen to right is all grey, in firefox i see no map but can see social button to get to forum to tell you this in chrome i couldnt see social buttons etc to access the forum ..what have you done ! 622pm uk time problem exists, just got error x while saving content message pop up when i try to post this ! 12december2019 625pm uk time, problems still there after I refresh the webpage in chrome, its ok in ie browser as of 1256am 13dec 2019 in uk

Step no1 before reporting anything like this /seen in browser is test incognito mode

Ctrl shift n

If it works. You can thank your own pc/add-ons/connection vs anything likey to be wrong with server and so on.

If it were widespread their Facebook would be lit up with complaints, but it doesn't appear to be.
    Attached Files
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

i did nothing my end to any addons now 450am 13 december problems gone so it wasnt my browser causing this

Comment

You don't have to do anything - java self updates. Add-ons self update. The background map (and data used to display things for that matter) depends on connection and local cache.
        Browsers self update. (Latest chrome version 2 days ago)

The web page is served from different servers at different locations behind cloudflare (a cache)

Its map data itself is sourced from Google. And fr24 overlay on top.

The Crux of it is, it's not as simple as a programmed local loaded application, but a complex website dynamically made from multiple sources and script methods

There are a mirade of things to cause what you described. I've only tried to give you a valid method to eliminate some of these as potential cause as noone else seems to have reported experiencing the same in the same timeframe as you would expect if it was widespread. And tests at home are a lot faster than posting here and awaiting any replies from fr24 team

Incognito mode doesn't use pre saved cookies. And usually forces a refresh of pre saved/cached data (of which the browser may load not knowing the section of map it is trying to draw failed to download or has only shown the grey areas that show if the map tiles scripts don't load correctly)

Similar has happened on occasion in the past
        https://forum.flightradar24.com/foru...387-no-display
        and ive seen it at customer site who blocks scripting, and has a slow connection to international sites

If during testing IE worked ok while the others didn't when showing the same page is also a reason not to write the browser off so quickly.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
        X