Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qantas B734 and B763s Data

Hello all,

As you can see I'm new to the forums but have been a user of FlightRadar24 for a very long time. I spend most of time searching the areas of Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne. Something I've noticed since I've started using FlightRadar24 is that there has never been a Qantas (QF) B737-400s or B767-300s on my radar.

Therefore, I'm requesting the following aircraft be added to the database:

B734-400s:

VH-TJE
    VH-TJF
    VH-TJG
    VH-TJH
    VH-TJI
    VH-TJJ
    VH-TJK
    VH-TJL
    VH-TJM
    VH-TJO
    VH-TJR
    VH-TJS
    VH-TJT
    VH-TJU
    VH-TJW
    VH-TJX
    VH-TJY

B767-300s:

VH-OGB
    VH-OGE
    VH-OGF
    VH-OGG
    VH-OGH
    VH-OGI
    VH-OGJ
    VH-OGK
    VH-OGL
    VH-OGM
    VH-OGN
    VH-OGO
    VH-OGP
    VH-OGQ
    VH-OGR
    VH-OGS
    VH-OGT
    VH-OGU
    VH-OGV
    VH-ZXA
    VH-ZXB
    VH-ZXC
    VH-ZXD
    VH-ZXE
    VH-ZXF
    VH-ZXG

B767-300(F):
    VH-EFR

Kind Regards,

EK433B77W.
    Last edited by EK433B77W; 2011-04-06, 03:49.
    "There are four ways to fly: the right way, the wrong way, the company's way and the captain's way. Only one counts."

YouTube
    Facebook
    FlightLog

QF B734 and B763 aircraft do not have ADS-B capability at the moment and as such will not show up on FR24.

Hope this helps!

Comment

EK433B77W - It doesn't work like that - Aircraft serials are uploaded to FR24 by radar box users, whose equipment pick up their Mode-S & ADS-B signals and then link them from their PC to the web-site. There is no human interface who will be loading aircraft statistics to the site, only flight numbers and route data, as and when time permits. It's a labour of love by very few volunteers! As 'acrimmo' correctly suggests, the aircraft you are looking for are perhaps older generation and/or are operating mostly over territory and able to rely for their navigation needs on ground based nav-aids, such as VOR and DME equipment, so do not require GPS-based positioning equipment to be installed on the aircraft. With basic inertial navigation flight management systems, they can make it across the ocean to New Zealand even! Hope that helps!

Comment

Aircraft serials are NOT uploaded to FR24 by subscribers. What's uploaded is the aircraft hex code and positional data. FR24 has a database that translates the hex codes into aircraft registration, type operator etc.

From what I can see the older Qantas aircraft that you've listed do not transmit positional data in their ModeS messages. Older aircraft using Inertial Navigation Systems can transmit positional data but suffer from positional drift from which GPS based systems do not. It appears Qantas hasn't invested in equipping these aircraft with ADS-B kit.

As it happens Australia is deploying ADS-B ground station throughout the country as this is cheaper than traditional secondary radar. It has also mandated that ADS-B must be used in all aircraft operating above FL290 from 12 December 2013.

Some useful and well presented information here:

Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Working...
        X