Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• refresh rate

Hello all,
    it's only two weeks that I discovered this wonderful site.

The first days I found on "Adjust" window the possibility to change the rate of refresh, now it seems desappeared.

I searched on the forum but I didn't find any changement about this possibility.
    Is anything changed?

Thanks a lot
    renzo

Hello renzo and other useres,
    exact for that i would also ask - is there no-one that could give us a tip where the refresh times adjust is gone ?
    DLKE

Comment

try right click on the Start , filter , about etc... window is it there ?
      You right its gone I belive its changed to 20 seconds ! not good for watching landing aircraft of near misses I was feeding London heathrow at 9 seconds to the server but looks like im stopping my feed . i rather watch my SBS screen at 1 second refresh rates
      Last edited by 10032050; 2010-04-28, 23:32.

Comment

I miss the refresh-setting too.
        The default refresh setting is not always useful. Specially during landings the time-lag is frustrating.

Hope the programmers can again add this tool soon.

Thanx

Comment

is there any way we can have it back please to Ajustable refresh rate

Comment

The reason is perhaps too many traffic on the server and the network line.
            If you have more and more visitors the processing time goes up.
            result -> you need to screw down the refresh time or the system will crash,
            or, you need a quicker network and server, but who pays ?
            Last edited by Charky; 2010-05-03, 06:22.
            http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=LSGG

Comment

Originally posted by Charky View Post
              or, you need a quicker network and server, but who pays ?
              Or buy a ModeS receiver.
              Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Hi, Anmer.
                can you please explain this in more than one sentence ?
                http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=LSGG

Comment

Sorry, I thought one sentence was sufficient?

Many of the requests here are for features that will place considerable demand on central servers and bandwidth plus development resource.

Flightradar24 is a free to visit website but it has running costs. Some (similar) websites offer premium upgrades but still have minimal customisation.

If the visitor wants lots of personal options and fast, live refresh rates, then they might consider buying a ModeS receiver, such as the SBS-1, RadarBox or PlaneGadget.

It's like having a motor car or catching a bus.
                  Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

The adjustable refresh rate will not be back as everyone want to have as quick refresh as possible, and it only makes our development of the page more complicated. The refresh rate is now on 12 seconds.

Comment

many thanks Mike
                      12 seconds is a lot better than 20 seconds

Matt
                      i did a check and it seems to be still running 20 seconds (11:03am) test

Comment

Thanks Amer for your reply i do have a SBS1 unit , and am contrubiting at a upload rate of every 9 seconds the www site use to be 10 , 20 , 30 seconds having less than 10 seconds is understandable for server load time
                        remember this site only works due to the contrubution of the few that are running uploads to the server , it is not nice trying to watch and see something that has flown past 20 seconds ago , only to see it every 20 seconds and estimate his position , amagine if the real live Radars at Major airports run at a 20 second sweep ,
                        or may I segest all the feeders change there config file to every 20 seconds too ?

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                        Sorry, I thought one sentence was sufficient?

Many of the requests here are for features that will place considerable demand on central servers and bandwidth plus development resource.

Flightradar24 is a free to visit website but it has running costs. Some (similar) websites offer premium upgrades but still have minimal customisation.

If the visitor wants lots of personal options and fast, live refresh rates, then they might consider buying a ModeS receiver, such as the SBS-1, RadarBox or PlaneGadget.

It's like having a motor car or catching a bus.

Comment

EDDL my update rate to FR24 is 10 seconds..,
                          which means the planes jump about 1cm,
                          with each update, according to the aircrafts speed.
                          Therefore to see an aircraft land, is out of the question!
                          (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                          1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

Come on you guys.! This IS a fantastic site.
                            anyone who wishs to see live ATC Radar
                            should buy an radar station,and play about
                            with the Giga freqs.
                            (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                            1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

thanks mike that refreshing of the cache worked ... thanks
                              Last edited by 10032050; 2010-05-03, 23:47.

Comment

Working...
                              X