Flight History page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight History page

Hi, is there a basic description which explains the flight history page? For example how are the green/yellow/red colors determined? What does STA stand for? I checked the FAQs but didnt see anything. Thanks in advance.

Not sure to what colours you're referring? Is it the Playback flight track?

FAQ:

Why does the aircraft’s trail change colour?

When you click on an aircraft icon, the path that this particular aircraft has taken is displayed on the map. The color of the trail behind the aircraft differs depending on the altitude the aircraft had at that position. The numbers are in meters. If the aircraft is below 100 meters in altitude, the trail will be white. If it is above 100 meters, the trail will yellow, and with increase in altitude, will be green and so on. If the aircraft’s position surpasses 2500 meters in altitude, the trail will be light blue, and will then change to dark blue, purple and finally red for the highest possible altitude. If the trail is a black dotted line, the aircraft is outside our coverage area and its position is being estimated.

STA = Scheduled Time of Arrival.

Maybe FR24 could add this (and others) to the Glossary?
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
      Not sure to what colours you're referring? Is it the Playback flight track?

FAQ:

Why does the aircraft’s trail change colour?

When you click on an aircraft icon, the path that this particular aircraft has taken is displayed on the map. The color of the trail behind the aircraft differs depending on the altitude the aircraft had at that position. The numbers are in meters. If the aircraft is below 100 meters in altitude, the trail will be white. If it is above 100 meters, the trail will yellow, and with increase in altitude, will be green and so on. If the aircraft’s position surpasses 2500 meters in altitude, the trail will be light blue, and will then change to dark blue, purple and finally red for the highest possible altitude. If the trail is a black dotted line, the aircraft is outside our coverage area and its position is being estimated.

STA = Scheduled Time of Arrival.

Maybe FR24 could add this (and others) to the Glossary?
      Here is an example (you have to put periods in the text below. I'm not allowed to post a link yet since it's only my 2nd post)

flightradar24
      com/data/flights/lh442

I assume the colors have to do with delays, but I can't work out the logic. Seems it has to do with both the departure and arrival times.

Comment

Originally posted by Jdwilson01 View Post
        Here is an example (you have to put periods in the text below. I'm not allowed to post a link yet since it's only my 2nd post)

flightradar24
        com/data/flights/lh442

I assume the colors have to do with delays, but I can't work out the logic. Seems it has to do with both the departure and arrival times.
        Thanks. Do you mean these vertical bars?

01.jpg

I'm guessing they represent an arrival delay but there's no logic. For example, a flight that landed 4 minutes early has a yellow bar.

Shame FR24 rarely visits its own forum? Otherwise we may get an answer.
        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Yes that's right. I'm guessing the 4 minute early arrival is yellow because it departed an hour late.

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post

I'm guessing they represent an arrival delay but there's no logic. For example, a flight that landed 4 minutes early has a yellow bar.

Shame FR24 rarely visits its own forum? Otherwise we may get an answer.
            Seems info flows in order of interaction responsiveness. And therefore experiences may likely differ to expectation (little backward)

Blog/weekly mailer (1 way)
            Website (1 way)
            Social media (maybe, if lucky)
            Email (maybe ahead of social But delayed?)
            Forum

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
            X