Editing coordinates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing coordinates

Hi.... I'm new here and have to say setting up Flightradar24 with my spare Pi and RTL-SDR was painless. However I noticed that the coordinates when using the drop-down chart and locater icon placed on my location is incorrect. Looking at the Lat and Long it places me about .5 nm west and about 15 nm north of the correct Lat and Long. I can get the correct coordinates by placing the icon in the wrong spot on the drop-down chart but there shouldn't be an error. Is his normal for the program? Thank you.
    de WA4CHQ/qrp 99% cw since 1972. Linux using SLACKWARE since 2000

My receiver location is within a few metres of the lat long shown and I take it this is from the rounding to 4 decimal places. Did you scroll/zoom in on the map before clicking on the location for the pin ?

ylis

Comment

Hey ylis...tnx for the reply. I'm pretty sure I did but will look at it again to see If I can put the correct lat/long without having to send a message to FR24. Have a good day.

Comment

OK....I see my mistake. The marker on the chart is correct as are the coordinates. My error was not seeing that the Lat and Long were in degrees/decimal and not deg/min/sec.....geeze!

Comment

Working...
        X