Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registry Information

Hi to all,

I'm trying to build a ADS-B receiver. Just I've heard that registry information of flight doesn't send to receivers. But I need exactly registry information. So I want to know that is correct?
    I can receive registry of flights via a receiver?

Please help me.
    Regards.

If you mean route information from callsign, no.

If you mean registration of aircraft, also no.

FR24 pay commercial suppliers for such information. Or in some cases it is automated and then held in their database

Other apps like virtual radar (and dump1090 web view) pull this from online websites or user-updated databases and match to aircraft transponder HEX received.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

from FAQ page

Why is the route information incorrect?
      The route is not transmitted from the aircraft. We are receiving the callsign of the flight from the aircraft and comparing it with large databases of airline and airport schedules to find the matching flight number. Once the callsign is matched to a flight number, we are able to show the route of the flight. A few reasons why a route may be incorrect:

Changed flight plans
      Wrong or old callsign typed into the transponder
      Error in some of the schedule databases
      Long flight delay, which makes the schedule data match against wrong flight
      Why don't you show routes for all flights?
      The route is not transmitted from the aircraft. We are receiving the callsign of the flight from the aircraft and comparing it with large databases of airline and airport schedules to find the matching flight number. Once the callsign is matched to a flight number, we are able to show the route of the flight. Routes may be missing if an airline has not submitted a flight schedule or we have failed to make a match for some reason, for example due to incorrect callsign or a severely delayed flight. Many delivery, positioning and charter flights may be missing route information as this data is often missing in the databases that we use. We are working continuously to acquire as much route data as possible.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
        If you mean route information from callsign, no.

If you mean registration of aircraft, also no.

FR24 pay commercial suppliers for such information. Or in some cases it is automated and then held in their database

Other apps like virtual radar (and dump1090 web view) pull this from online websites or user-updated databases and match to aircraft transponder HEX received.
        Thanks for reply. So if I use F24, I can have this information locally on my box?

Comment

You do not get anything locally on your own box without installing software to pull data from different sources.

Per standard ADSB signal This is all you get:

MSG,3,333,3789,C82315,3889,2017/08/21,17:38:10.422,2017/08/21,17:38:10.422,,20000,,,-42.22213,174.09038,,,0,0,0,0

This can be re-arranged by software to appear:

ModeS: C82315 Callsign: NZM373
          Lat: -42.2524
          Long: 174.0621
          Alt: 20000ft
          SQW: 0000

At no point is the registration or other information provided. This needs to be done with software (database) or internet lookup. Same reason some aircraft on FR24 do not have information filled out.

You need to explain what your purpose/goal is to confirm if the information you want to know is present.

I can only but assume since you first asked about API access, and now specify you NEED 'exact registry information' you are attempting to make your own software or use FR24s matched data sources for another purpose/commercially? This is not possible from online data source or a DIY receiver in its basic form without software to search it.

Comment

Thank you so.
            Yes exactly. I have a call center and I want to integrate it with third software and get registration of aircraft. Do you have any idea how can I get this information and use them in my contact center?

Thanks for your memory

Comment

That is using public sourced information for commercial gain. And in many cases is against T&C of the software and databases used to get the information

So no. You likely need to engage suppliers with commercial agreements to get information you want.

Some examples from a popular registration lookup
              It is not allowed to collect and transfer these data anywhere else. Copyright rules apply.
              Bots, spiders, scrapers, scripted or programmed queries or otherwise automated queries are prohibited, more --> here.
              This includes Apps or virtual radar programs of whatever software else trying to interface to the data without my consent.

This website has not been set up to provide free data to commercial, private or public projects, companies, government agencies, public entities, etc. Please understand that this database is not here to get your work done for free, especially if you don't work for free, either.
              Last edited by Oblivian; 2017-08-22, 03:38.

Comment

Working...
              X