Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Norwegian Air Shuttle - Missing tracked flights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norwegian Air Shuttle - Missing tracked flights?

Hey guys,

I would like to first let you know I appreciate the work you do and I hope one day I will join you as a developer, since I am a developer myself.

I come to you with a strange thing I realised recently. I have 2 upcoming Norwegian Air Shuttle flights, and as I always do, I track them a couple of days before the flight to see more info about the planes used, the paths used, etc.

However, none of the 2 flights are tracked by FR24 and it seems very uncommon since the planes are new (with up to date transponders) and a lot of other Norwegian flights are tracked.

Flights I am talking about: DY3320 (CPH - RIX), DY3540 (CPH - AMS). Other competitor websites show tracking info about them, but not FR24. Why would that be?

Thanks a lot for reading and I'm looking forward for a reply.

There is no flight with DY3320 or DY3540 flight number

Correct flight number is D83320 - https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/d83320

Comment

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the prompt answer.

What are the numbers that my google flight gives me then? Whenever I have an upcoming flight, I just check my flights on google and it gives me the right flight number, like this:

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 13.16.28.png
      Which would resemble as SK1782

Whereas the 2 norwegian flights look like this:

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 13.03.24.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 13.03.09.png

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        There is no flight with DY3320 or DY3540 flight number
        Strange?

02.jpg

03.jpg
        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by SimeriaIonut View Post
          Hey guys,

I would like to first let you know I appreciate the work you do and I hope one day I will join you as a developer, since I am a developer myself.

I come to you with a strange thing I realised recently. I have 2 upcoming Norwegian Air Shuttle flights, and as I always do, I track them a couple of days before the flight to see more info about the planes used, the paths used, etc.

However, none of the 2 flights are tracked by FR24 and it seems very uncommon since the planes are new (with up to date transponders) and a lot of other Norwegian flights are tracked.

Flights I am talking about: DY3320 (CPH - RIX), DY3540 (CPH - AMS). Other competitor websites show tracking info about them, but not FR24. Why would that be?

Thanks a lot for reading and I'm looking forward for a reply.
          Try D83320 and D83540. Most of the flights are operated by IBK not NAX.

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
            Strange?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8787[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8788[/ATTACH]
            They were operated by NAX befofe they were moved to IBK.

Comment

Originally posted by SimeriaIonut View Post
              Hey Mike,

Thanks for the prompt answer.

What are the numbers that my google flight gives me then? Whenever I have an upcoming flight, I just check my flights on google and it gives me the right flight number, like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8784[/ATTACH]
              Which would resemble as SK1782

Whereas the 2 norwegian flights look like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8785[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8786[/ATTACH]
              Norwegian Air International = IBK = D8

Comment

It's not as straight forward as that, Mike. They mix and match a lot using each other's aircraft. The callsigns aren't always the same either. Sometimes they'll use the ticket flight number as callsign rather than the usual alpha-numerical one.

Comment

Working...
                X