difference between flightradar24 and radarbox and a few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• difference between flightradar24 and radarbox and a few questions

Hi i know its probably been asked before but what's the difference between flightradar24 and radarbox. I have flightradar 24 Gold. Also, I own a Uniden Bearcat ubc125xlt. I know this may seem a stupid question and a few of you might have a titter but is it possible to link it to flightradar 24 so I can listen to aircraft in my local vicinity as soon as I click on the aircraft icon on flightradar. Hope this makes sense to anyone.

Thank you

Russell

Originally posted by Russellfire View Post
    Hi i know its probably been asked before but what's the difference between flightradar24 and radarbox. I have flightradar 24 Gold. Also, I own a Uniden Bearcat ubc125xlt. I know this may seem a stupid question and a few of you might have a titter but is it possible to link it to flightradar 24 so I can listen to aircraft in my local vicinity as soon as I click on the aircraft icon on flightradar. Hope this makes sense to anyone.

Thank you

Russell
    Russell;

Not stupid at all. A good choice with the scanner- I've got the 996T and it does a top job. As for linking to FR24 you're not going to be too fussed with the answer. The only way to 'link' them is via the ears and the eyes. You watch FR24 and listen to ATC/pilots by tuning in to known frequencies. I can't see any other form of 'coupling' occurring, at least any time soon.

As for the difference between FR24 and Radarbox. Gees, how can I be diplomatic. Basically there is no difference as both are companies that allow us to partake in this great hobby. I think that's about as diplomatic as I can put it. It's probably down to personal preferences as to which might be better.

Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2017-05-29, 11:00. Reason: Do I smell a couple of Dorothy Dixers there?
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Gregg , thank you very much for reply, much appreciated.

Russell

Comment

Working...
      X