X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andrewjknox
    replied
    Hello, I have an issue with background maps disappearing after a short time on a Chromebook. They will then never re-appear unless I reboot/shut the app down, then maps appear to work normally for a short time (within 1 minute) and the map tiles go blank. If I test it on an iPad, it's fine. I've updated Chromebook to the latest version, reinstalled the app but still have the same issue.

I've attached a screenshot of this below, any ideas or is this a software bug?

Screenshot 2023-06-02 18.08.23.png

Leave a comment:

• rwier
    replied
    Originally posted by rwier View Post

Well, I found out. The good news, I was not double-billed. The bad news, my current fully paid Gold subscription turned into a "Basic" subscription. I have notified FR24 through their contact system.
    The new news is ALL good news. My old Gold subscription has been re-instated and is fully functional on a desktop, a laptop, a SAMSUNG phone, and an iPad MINI. All of my problems were caused by my own confusion and incompetence as to the existing subscription benefits. Thanks, FR24!!!

Leave a comment:

• rwier
    replied
    Originally posted by rwier View Post

Thanks Oblivian! The website instructs me to work through ITUNES.

In ITUNES, I was able to cancel the 1-week free trial. Not sure about the new subscription part. Guess I'll find out in about a week, lol.
    Well, I found out. The good news, I was not double-billed. The bad news, my current fully paid Gold subscription turned into a "Basic" subscription. I have notified FR24 through their contact system.

Leave a comment:

• Yannie
    replied
    How many people actually pay for a Gold subscription, vs simply feed data to FR24?

Leave a comment:

• rwier
    replied
    Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    Yes.

Email super urgently

There is a contract for on the website
    Thanks Oblivian! The website instructs me to work through ITUNES.

In ITUNES, I was able to cancel the 1-week free trial. Not sure about the new subscription part. Guess I'll find out in about a week, lol.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Yes.

Email super urgently

There is a contract for on the website

Leave a comment:

• rwier
    replied
    I have a GOLD subscription. It loads and works fine on my Windows 7 computer and on my SAMSUNG S7 phone. I also have an I-PAD MINI. I rarely use it. This morning I fired it up.

I saw the FlightRadar24 icon and clicked on it. It opened just fine in "BASIC" mode. I couldn't find a way to log-in to GOLD. I went for the one-week free trial option (probably a big mistake). Now FlightRadar24 opens (automatically) in GOLD on my IPAD.

When the "trial" is up, will I be billed for a second GOLD subscription? If yes, can this be applied to my next year's renewal? I attempted to unsubscribe from this new subscription, but the number of complex hoop jumps required is beyond my mental capacity.

Thanks, Robin Wier

Leave a comment:

• Spoonman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike View Post
    The new app is sharing platform and subscriptions with the web and there is no need to update if you don't want to.
    You can keep using the current Pro app without any extra costs.
    Well it turns out that was a lie too. Really poor form on not supporting your old users. Is there a reason there couldn't have been a 'remove ads' tier that old users got moved to? (I mean it still doesn't help all the users that paid for additional features, but at least it would be something right?)

It's really frustrating to those of us that supported and championed this app, and now feel we can no longer trust this developer. A trial period of the subscription does not adequately compensate.

You must be aware at the number of people who have been upset by this, given your plummeting rating in the app store and terrible feedback on various review sites. Are there any plans to review this decision to cut us all off, or should I too join the queue in making a complaint with Google to request a refund?

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by Twhtow View Post
    People are not angry you seem to think you need to retire the older app, that most people have had for far less than 10 years, but that you expect people who paid for the old app to pay a subscription for the new one. As paid users it would have been far better to either migrate the pro users to the new system without cost or offer a non subscription one of purchase for your existing paid customers to migrate to the new app. Both these are possible before you claim it is not possible to do.
    Pro users can download and use the current app just like any other user. We are not expecting anyone to subscribe to the current app, but offer old Pro add a special offer worth more than the value of the old app, if someone want to have access to the new features. If a user don't want to pay the current app offers most of the features from the old Pro app for free. Flightradar24 is offering an ongoing service and access to paid features can only be provided for an ongoing cost.

Leave a comment:

• Twhtow
    replied

As we have written several times in this thread we are sorry if some users get upset when we sunset the old Pro app. We have been supporting the old Pro app for 10+ years and both the app and data feed provided to the app has reached end of life. It has now been 3 years since we stopped selling the Pro app and supporting the legacy data feed for the old Pro app is not possible any more. We are not talking any public data feeds or API's but the physical server at FR24 providing data to old Pro app. We are not able to maintain or migrate this feed without big costs. We have not at any point promised a lifetime license or lifetime support of the old app.

More information can be found in this post
    https://forum.flightradar24.com/foru...834#post113834
    You might like to read your own original terms and then also read the promise that was made in this very thread.

People are not angry you seem to think you need to retire the older app, that most people have had for far less than 10 years, but that you expect people who paid for the old app to pay a subscription for the new one. As paid users it would have been far better to either migrate the pro users to the new system without cost or offer a non subscription one of purchase for your existing paid customers to migrate to the new app. Both these are possible before you claim it is not possible to do.

I also note the new reason for retiring the older version of the app when you gave a different reason earlier in this same thread.

I will be pursuing a refund as the original purchase did not include time limits and did specify updates were to be free. I would encourage all others who purchased the pro version to do likewise. I am unsure about the IOS version (or if it exists) but the andriod version is governed by the rules of the play store and refunds can by issued by them with a claw back from the vendor in cases such as this.

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by Twhtow View Post

It is called unconscionable conduct but they don't seem to care enough to even reply. I will be reporting the app to Google because of this. Luckily I have the original agreement that gave pro users lifetime updates etc. By their own admission this is a version update and should be included.

The claim of the technology the old app was built on being changed is BS. The sane API's are used to hook into the radar networks and ATC flight plans. It seems little more than a way to force more money out of the people who effectively funded the new version.
    As we have written several times in this thread we are sorry if some users get upset when we sunset the old Pro app. We have been supporting the old Pro app for 10+ years and both the app and data feed provided to the app has reached end of life. It has now been 3 years since we stopped selling the Pro app and supporting the legacy data feed for the old Pro app is not possible any more. We are not talking any public data feeds or API's but the physical server at FR24 providing data to old Pro app. We are not able to maintain or migrate this feed without big costs. We have not at any point promised a lifetime license or lifetime support of the old app.

More information can be found in this post
    https://forum.flightradar24.com/foru...834#post113834

Leave a comment:

• JojoKalma71
    replied
    Originally posted by SGM View Post
    So no support (and extra features) for the current app?
    apparently that there is no, and very a pity!

Leave a comment:

• Toropoki
    replied
    I renewed my subscription (silver) on my iPad. I also have the app on my android phone but am not able to use the app with my paid for subscription. Your site says I am able to use this app on up to 3 devices. What is going on?

Leave a comment:

• Twhtow
    replied
    Originally posted by zredsox View Post

So now the shoe has finally dropped. Paid users with the old app and upgrades are now being forced to switch to the new app, which is feature reduced and full of ads unless they pony up for the subscription.

Absolute bullshit.
    It is called unconscionable conduct but they don't seem to care enough to even reply. I will be reporting the app to Google because of this. Luckily I have the original agreement that gave pro users lifetime updates etc. By their own admission this is a version update and should be included.

The claim of the technology the old app was built on being changed is BS. The sane API's are used to hook into the radar networks and ATC flight plans. It seems little more than a way to force more money out of the people who effectively funded the new version.

Leave a comment:

• zredsox
    replied
    The new app is sharing platform and subscriptions with the web and there is no need to update if you don't want to.
    You can keep using the current Pro app without any extra costs.
    So now the shoe has finally dropped. Paid users with the old app and upgrades are now being forced to switch to the new app, which is feature reduced and full of ads unless they pony up for the subscription.

Absolute bullshit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X