X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Flightradar24 Android App

“The Facebook of Aviation” — Wall Street Journal

#1 app in over 100 countries

Turn your phone or tablet into a live flight tracker and see planes around the world move in real-time on a detailed map. Or point your device at a plane to find out where it’s going and what kind of aircraft it is.
    Download for free today and discover why millions are already tracking flights and checking flight status with Flightradar24.

FLIGHTRADAR24 ANDROID DOWNLOAD LINK

• Watch aircraft move around the world in real-time
    • Identify flights overhead & see flight information—including a photo of the actual aircraft—by simply pointing your device at the sky
    • See what the pilot of an aircraft sees in 3D
    • Tap on a plane for flight details such as route, estimated time of arrival, actual time of departure, aircraft type, speed, altitude, high-resolution photos of the actual aircraft & more
    • See historical data & watch playback of past flights
    • Tap on an airport icon for arrival & departure boards, flight status, aircraft on the ground, current delay stats, & detailed weather conditions
    • Search for individual flights using flight number, airport, or airline
    • Filter flights by airline, aircraft, altitude, speed, & more

Flightradar24 is a free app and includes all the above features. If you want even more great features from Flightradar24 there are two upgrade options—Silver & Gold—and each comes with a free trial.

Flightradar24 Silver
    • 60 days of flight history
    • More aircraft details, like serial number & age
    • More flight details, like vertical speed & squawk
    • Bookmarks, Filters, & Alerts to find and track the flights you’re interested in
    • Current weather at 3,000+ airports overlaid on the map

Flightradar24 Gold
    • All the features included in Flightradar24 Silver +
    • 180 days of flight history
    • Detailed live map weather layers for clouds & precipitation
    • Aeronautical charts & oceanic tracks showing the pathways flights follow across the sky
    • Air traffic control boundaries that show which controllers are responsible for a flight
    • Extended Mode S data—even more information about a flight’s altitude, speed, and wind & temperature conditions during flight, when available

Silver and Gold upgrade prices are listed in the app as they vary depending on your country and currency. If you choose to upgrade, subscriptions will be charged to the payment method used for your Google account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. You manage your subscription through your Google Play Account Settings.

How it works
    Most aircraft today are equipped with ADS-B transponders that transmit positional data. Flightradar24 has a rapidly growing network of over 15,000+ ground stations around the world to receive this data that then shows up as aircraft moving on a map in the app. In an expanding number of regions, with the help of multilateration, we’re able to calculate the positions of aircraft that don’t have ADS-B transponders. Coverage in North America is also supplemented by real-time radar data. Coverage is variable and subject to change at any time.

If you have any questions about the New Flightradar24 Android App please post in this thread.

Screw over

I paid for the app, I paid for the add ons and now after the update I have less functionality? How much money do you guys want from me? I loved the app but now I have to start paying more money to get functions back. Only 1 text label, no custom alerts and no saved filters. Do I understand corectly that I have to pay for those functions and get some lines over the ocean as an extra? Who decided that you can screw over a customer like that?

Comment

The new app is sharing platform and subscriptions with the web and there is no need to update if you don't want to.
      You can keep using the current Pro app without any extra costs.

Comment

So no support (and extra features) for the current app?

Comment

The current app will keep working but there will not be any new features or updates.

Comment

So you are telling me that I pay for a gold subscription and if I want those benefits on the App I now need to pay more for a new App? or I can have a reduced benefits from the old app that you will no longer support? Is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by midexjet View Post
              So you are telling me that I pay for a gold subscription and if I want those benefits on the App I now need to pay more for a new App? or I can have a reduced benefits from the old app that you will no longer support? Is that correct?
              This is what I can gather viewing the revisions on the play store.

Remember there was different versions?
              FR24Free (very basic)
              FR24 pro (1-off payment with more features and upgrade options of boards/flight info if wanted)
              Premium (for premium user use)

If you have 'Flightradar24Pro' installed. (use to come with more, but cost and then optional addons) This is version 6. And includes features purchased. (and no ads!) But will not be updated here on in with new features the website may introduce.

Free version use to be limited. But now released as version 7, which appears to have the in-app options moved to it including subscription upgrade unlocks via login method.

If you paid the 1-off and use pro. Nothing changes. But will not have extra updates that may be introduced.

If you subscribe, I would suggest the free version needs to be updated and logged into now.
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

If you want to keep using your old app you can do that and you will keep the features you have paid for.
                If you want to join our new platform with new features shared between web and apps, you can download the new Flightradar24 app or use the web page.
                The new platform can be used for free with limited features, or with a subscription if you want more features.

Comment

Seriously??
                  20 alerts max for 39.95 a year ?

Unlimited for this price is more justified.
                  I might consider paying this amount of money every year for unlimited alerts.
                  But 20 no way never.

Gold should have been unlimited alerts.
                  Please consider.
                  Otherwise a no go for me and more aircraft enthusiasts.
                  Last edited by altenae; 2017-03-28, 10:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    If you want to keep using your old app you can do that and you will keep the features you have paid for.
                    If you want to join our new platform with new features shared between web and apps, you can download the new Flightradar24 app or use the web page.
                    The new platform can be used for free with limited features, or with a subscription if you want more features.
                    Just to clarify that for me: If I am already a - let's say - Gold subscriber, then I will be able to use the new app including its "Gold features" w/o any extra cost since I am already a Gold subscriber, or do I have to pay "again" in order to unlock the "Gold features" indepent from the fact that I have already paid for the Gold subscription on the web?
                    T-EDDG63

Comment

Originally posted by Cagou View Post
                      Just to clarify that for me: If I am already a - let's say - Gold subscriber, then I will be able to use the new app including its "Gold features" w/o any extra cost since I am already a Gold subscriber, or do I have to pay "again" in order to unlock the "Gold features" indepent from the fact that I have already paid for the Gold subscription on the web?
                      I expect so. But will await confirmation too.. As mobile features are listed under the plans now. The major part being no ads and more info on anything other than free. https://www.flightradar24.com/premium

Prior to this, you needed the premium version which asks for login details.
                      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

OK. This may help you.

I now have 3 versions.

Pro - v6 - no ads and no optional boards I added

Premium - v6 - uses my acct login and unlocks more features

Free.. V7 - without subscriber login it is limited. You can be a pre existing member or feeder like me, or sign up and subscribe in-app

On the main screen there is a login. On entering my web details....

So my first hunch was correct.

The app is now an all in 1 version that unlocks. The previous paid unlock pro remains that but less detailed.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by Oblivian; 2017-03-28, 11:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                          Prior to this, you needed the premium version which asks for login details.
                          I know, and I've already used that for a long time. So, I would suspect to be able to use the "Gold features" in the new app, too, without having to pay again. Regarding the premium plans on the web site I would judge this assumption as proved. But confirmation would be appreciated.
                          T-EDDG63

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                            OK. This may help you.

I now have 3 versions.

Pro - v6 - no ads and no optional boards I added

Premium - v6 - uses my acct login and unlocks more features

Free.. V7 - without subscriber login it is limited. You can be a pre existing member or feeder like me, or sign up and subscribe in-app
                            Thanks a lot for your clarification!
                            T-EDDG63

Comment

I figured I didn't have anything to lose installing the only missing one (free version). My Pro and Premium are rather old, but if it aint broke...

Comment

Working...
                              X