X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by altenae View Post
    It has been unlimited for years on the old app.
    What about max 100 alerts.

I mean the old app is unlimited for only 2,99 for ever and 20 for 39,95 in the new app for a year ??
    Seems a bit off.

100 ?
    The new app is not just alerts but many, many more features.

Leave a comment:

• altenae
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike View Post
    Alerts is the feature that generates most load to FR24 servers because they are running 24/7 so they need to be limited. There will be some quite big changes to alerts in a coming app update to make them easier and better, but unlimited will not be back.
    It has been unlimited for years on the old app.
    What about max 100 alerts.

I mean the old app is unlimited for only 2,99 for ever and 20 for 39,95 in the new app for a year ??
    Seems a bit off.

100 ?

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Alerts is the feature that generates most load to FR24 servers because they are running 24/7 so they need to be limited. There will be some quite big changes to alerts in a coming app update to make them easier and better, but unlimited will not be back.

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by Cagou View Post
    Just to clarify that for me: If I am already a - let's say - Gold subscriber, then I will be able to use the new app including its "Gold features" w/o any extra cost since I am already a Gold subscriber, or do I have to pay "again" in order to unlock the "Gold features" indepent from the fact that I have already paid for the Gold subscription on the web?
    Web and apps are sharing same accounts and subscriptions, just like Spotify or Netflix. You get one account and use it on any unit you want.

Leave a comment:

• altenae
    replied
    What about future plans for unlimited alerts ?
    I already have much more than 20 in the old app.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    I figured I didn't have anything to lose installing the only missing one (free version). My Pro and Premium are rather old, but if it aint broke...

Leave a comment:

• Cagou
    replied
    Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    OK. This may help you.

I now have 3 versions.

Pro - v6 - no ads and no optional boards I added

Premium - v6 - uses my acct login and unlocks more features

Free.. V7 - without subscriber login it is limited. You can be a pre existing member or feeder like me, or sign up and subscribe in-app
    Thanks a lot for your clarification!

Leave a comment:

• Cagou
    replied
    Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    Prior to this, you needed the premium version which asks for login details.
    I know, and I've already used that for a long time. So, I would suspect to be able to use the "Gold features" in the new app, too, without having to pay again. Regarding the premium plans on the web site I would judge this assumption as proved. But confirmation would be appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    OK. This may help you.

I now have 3 versions.

Pro - v6 - no ads and no optional boards I added

Premium - v6 - uses my acct login and unlocks more features

Free.. V7 - without subscriber login it is limited. You can be a pre existing member or feeder like me, or sign up and subscribe in-app

On the main screen there is a login. On entering my web details....

So my first hunch was correct.

The app is now an all in 1 version that unlocks. The previous paid unlock pro remains that but less detailed.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Oblivian; 2017-03-28, 11:01.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Originally posted by Cagou View Post
    Just to clarify that for me: If I am already a - let's say - Gold subscriber, then I will be able to use the new app including its "Gold features" w/o any extra cost since I am already a Gold subscriber, or do I have to pay "again" in order to unlock the "Gold features" indepent from the fact that I have already paid for the Gold subscription on the web?
    I expect so. But will await confirmation too.. As mobile features are listed under the plans now. The major part being no ads and more info on anything other than free. https://www.flightradar24.com/premium

Prior to this, you needed the premium version which asks for login details.

Leave a comment:

• Cagou
    replied
    Originally posted by midexjet View Post
    So you are telling me that I pay for a gold subscription and if I want those benefits on the App I now need to pay more for a new App? or I can have a reduced benefits from the old app that you will no longer support? Is that correct?
    Originally posted by Mike View Post
    If you want to keep using your old app you can do that and you will keep the features you have paid for.
    If you want to join our new platform with new features shared between web and apps, you can download the new Flightradar24 app or use the web page.
    The new platform can be used for free with limited features, or with a subscription if you want more features.

Leave a comment:

• altenae
    replied
    Seriously??
    20 alerts max for 39.95 a year ?

Unlimited for this price is more justified.
    I might consider paying this amount of money every year for unlimited alerts.
    But 20 no way never.

Gold should have been unlimited alerts.
    Please consider.
    Otherwise a no go for me and more aircraft enthusiasts.
    Last edited by altenae; 2017-03-28, 10:45.

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    So you are telling me that I pay for a gold subscription and if I want those benefits on the App I now need to pay more for a new App? or I can have a reduced benefits from the old app that you will no longer support? Is that correct?
    If you want to keep using your old app you can do that and you will keep the features you have paid for.
    If you want to join our new platform with new features shared between web and apps, you can download the new Flightradar24 app or use the web page.
    The new platform can be used for free with limited features, or with a subscription if you want more features.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    This is what I can gather viewing the revisions on the play store.

Remember there was different versions?
    FR24Free (very basic)
    FR24 pro (1-off payment with more features and upgrade options of boards/flight info if wanted)
    Premium (for premium user use)

If you have 'Flightradar24Pro' installed. (use to come with more, but cost and then optional addons) This is version 6. And includes features purchased. (and no ads!) But will not be updated here on in with new features the website may introduce.

Free version use to be limited. But now released as version 7, which appears to have the in-app options moved to it including subscription upgrade unlocks via login method.

If you paid the 1-off and use pro. Nothing changes. But will not have extra updates that may be introduced.

If you subscribe, I would suggest the free version needs to be updated and logged into now.

Leave a comment:

• midexjet
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X