Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a Feeder and therefore have a Business Account. I have just updated the App on both my Galaxy Tab S tablet and also my Galaxy S8 phone. The App works fine until I try to change my settings and on both devices the App just crashes every time! Everything else seems to work EXCEPT Settings. Very annoying. Also, I would favour bringing back Bookmarks as I was obviouly one of the 0.5%. I use them a lot for my travels both around UK and Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by EGPD2 View Post
      I am a Feeder and therefore have a Business Account. I have just updated the App on both my Galaxy Tab S tablet and also my Galaxy S8 phone. The App works fine until I try to change my settings and on both devices the App just crashes every time! Everything else seems to work EXCEPT Settings. Very annoying. Also, I would favour bringing back Bookmarks as I was obviouly one of the 0.5%. I use them a lot for my travels both around UK and Europe.
      This is not a known issue so I suggest you contact support@fr24.com with as much information as possible to be able to reproduce the issue.

Regarding bookmarks it has been removed for now as very few people used that feature. We recommend using search instead, and it's possible that bookmarks will be back in another format in the future.

Comment

Thanks Mike. I have already sent in crash reports from both devices but will also email.

Comment

Dear Sirs, Screenshot_2017-06-13-15-39-41.jpgfr24.JPG

My problem is as following. When I log in at mobile device (Android) I have GOLD status, when I log in on laptop (Win XP) I have BASIC status.
          How can I share my GOLD subscription to my laptop? I didn't find solutions using instructions in Android device neither in FR24 website.
          Thank you
          Igor

Comment

Originally posted by Ular View Post
            Dear Sirs, [ATTACH=CONFIG]8728[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8729[/ATTACH]

My problem is as following. When I log in at mobile device (Android) I have GOLD status, when I log in on laptop (Win XP) I have BASIC status.
            How can I share my GOLD subscription to my laptop? I didn't find solutions using instructions in Android device neither in FR24 website.
            Thank you
            Igor
            It's hard to give any answers without knowing details about your account and purchases. I suggest you contact support@fr24.com to solve the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
              This is not a known issue so I suggest you contact support@fr24.com with as much information as possible to be able to reproduce the issue.

Regarding bookmarks it has been removed for now as very few people used that feature. We recommend using search instead, and it's possible that bookmarks will be back in another format in the future.
              Problem resolved. It was a conflict between Kaspersky Internat Security app and Flightradar24. I uninstalled Kaspersky and everything worked as it should. I re-installed Kaspersky and funnily enough it is still working as it should on both devices. Perhaps Kaspersky was stopping something when FR24 was initially installed. Anyway, it now appears to have been resolved.

Comment

I have had the paid Android app for a few years now. Have done the 3 month free gold upgrade with the new app.

I must pass on my congratulations to the dev team for the enhancements to the new app. It is fantastic and bursting with features I never thought possible.

Will definitely continue on with a paid gold subscription, absolutely loving this new app, well done guys!

Comment

I am a premium member using the app via Samsung Android. Recently I have changed my mobile to Oppo (Android) and having problem logging in. I emailed for a new password for the new phone, but when clicking the link, still I cannot log in. The message on the screen reads, "Error Code 301". Please help! Thank you.

Comment

Hi Saneh12, Can you please email us at support@fr24.com to see if we can help you with resolving your Premium login issues

Originally posted by saneh12 View Post
                    I am a premium member using the app via Samsung Android. Recently I have changed my mobile to Oppo (Android) and having problem logging in. I emailed for a new password for the new phone, but when clicking the link, still I cannot log in. The message on the screen reads, "Error Code 301". Please help! Thank you.
                    Flightradar24.com Support

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Please visit About Us, How it Works, FAQs, Blog and Forum for more information about Flightradar24.

Comment

Hi Guys

I am a user of your great app, both Android and IOS, I am really flabbergasted at all the bad reviews I am seeing on the Google Play Store and the IOS App Store.

I cannot quite believe that such a respected app developer like you guys have resulted in this way of charging people, please before this gets irratrievable can you reconsider your stance for genuine supporters of FR24, I paid for many upgrades on your original app and basically you have dumped me and many, many others.

I love your app and would be happy to pay for a one off fee, please reconsider your ethos before it's to late.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by PeterK View Post
                        Hi Guys

I am a user of your great app, both Android and IOS, I am really flabbergasted at all the bad reviews I am seeing on the Google Play Store and the IOS App Store.

I cannot quite believe that such a respected app developer like you guys have resulted in this way of charging people, please before this gets irratrievable can you reconsider your stance for genuine supporters of FR24, I paid for many upgrades on your original app and basically you have dumped me and many, many others.

I love your app and would be happy to pay for a one off fee, please reconsider your ethos before it's to late.

Peter
                        Hi Peter,

First of all thank you for supporting Flightradar24 and buying the app. We are reading all reviews on both Android and iOS. Flightradar24 was launched 11 years ago and apps were launched 7 years ago. The cost of the app has been around 1.99-2.99€. For that amount users have been able to use the app and have been receiving updates for up to 7 years without any costs. Most users got much more features than they initially paid for.

To change business model from one time payment to subscription was not easy but completely inevitable. We have a lot of ongoing costs to keep Flightradar24 up and running, including server hosting (30+ servers), network/data usage (sending terabytes of data every day), increasing number of employees (30+), building the global network where more and more installations are done in remote areas with higher installation costs (in total 6000+ installations), airline schedules, saving terabytes of historical data, plus direct costs like weather and aeronautical charts where we pay for each loaded layer to a third party data provider. Flightradar24 is offering an ongoing service, with ongoing costs so we have to charge an ongoing fee. We think that everyone can understand that a company with ongoing costs can't survive with a one time payment fee.

We can also compare to other services like Spotify, Netflix, Photoshop or why not your petrol och milk provider. You can't pay a small one time fee, and keep using their services/products with free updates year after year after year.

The new app offers a lot of new features for free. A silver subscription which will eliminate ads and add some extra features cost just $9.99 per year, and if you want to go all in a gold subscription is $3.99 per month.

To summarize the situation we are offering users that have previously bought the Pro app, to keep using the app just like before. They also got a special offer to try the New app, which in many cases has a value of 2-6 times more that they have paid for the Pro app. We know that many people are upset and disappointed, but in a reality where we pay money for each page/app load we can't offer the New app for a one time fee. We are now sharing the same structure with the same features between apps and web, and when you buy a subscription on one platform it gives you access to all platforms. We will keep developing and adding new features to give our users as much value as possible.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Comment

Well I think this is the first time I have seen such an honest and very open reply which certainly puts your business case in total perspective.

Slightly strange to compare your app to buying petrol and milk but hey ho.

I will now reconsider my choices and I thank you for your honest reply.

Peter

Comment

question

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            Hi Peter,

First of all thank you for supporting Flightradar24 and buying the app. We are reading all reviews on both Android and iOS. Flightradar24 was launched 11 years ago and apps were launched 7 years ago. The cost of the app has been around 1.99-2.99€. For that amount users have been able to use the app and have been receiving updates for up to 7 years without any costs. Most users got much more features than they initially paid for.

To change business model from one time payment to subscription was not easy but completely inevitable. We have a lot of ongoing costs to keep Flightradar24 up and running, including server hosting (30+ servers), network/data usage (sending terabytes of data every day), increasing number of employees (30+), building the global network where more and more installations are done in remote areas with higher installation costs (in total 6000+ installations), airline schedules, saving terabytes of historical data, plus direct costs like weather and aeronautical charts where we pay for each loaded layer to a third party data provider. Flightradar24 is offering an ongoing service, with ongoing costs so we have to charge an ongoing fee. We think that everyone can understand that a company with ongoing costs can't survive with a one time payment fee.

We can also compare to other services like Spotify, Netflix, Photoshop or why not your petrol och milk provider. You can't pay a small one time fee, and keep using their services/products with free updates year after year after year.

The new app offers a lot of new features for free. A silver subscription which will eliminate ads and add some extra features cost just $9.99 per year, and if you want to go all in a gold subscription is $3.99 per month.

To summarize the situation we are offering users that have previously bought the Pro app, to keep using the app just like before. They also got a special offer to try the New app, which in many cases has a value of 2-6 times more that they have paid for the Pro app. We know that many people are upset and disappointed, but in a reality where we pay money for each page/app load we can't offer the New app for a one time fee. We are now sharing the same structure with the same features between apps and web, and when you buy a subscription on one platform it gives you access to all platforms. We will keep developing and adding new features to give our users as much value as possible.

Thank you for your understanding and support.
                            so If I uninstall fr24 pro and sometime later I want to get it back or I bought a new phone, where can I get fr24 pro (version 6)?

Comment

Hi,

The purchase of the Android app is attached to your Google Play store account. If you have deleted the app or wish to install the app (version 6) on a new device, you still can install it again. To do this open the Play Store, go to the "Library" tab and scroll down until you find Flightradar24 Flight Tracker app. Any in-app purchases that you bought, will be also available.

Hope this helps

Originally posted by ble View Post
                              so If I uninstall fr24 pro and sometime later I want to get it back or I bought a new phone, where can I get fr24 pro (version 6)?
                              Flightradar24.com Support

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Please visit About Us, How it Works, FAQs, Blog and Forum for more information about Flightradar24.

Comment

Hey guys,

I've have a problem with the app. Eversinds the new app came out mine seems to freeze on startup 95% of the time. Resets of telephone etc. nothing workes to get it to function normally. I never had this issue with the old Premium App. That worked perfectly.
                                Using a Samsung Galaxy Core Prima running Android 5.1.1.

This is what my screen looks when I start up. It locks up, nothing works in the app.

Is there a way to fix this, or is there a way I can get the old Premium App?
                                This just sucks,

Feeding from: F-EHEH1

thanks for your time,

EDIT:
                                Found the Premium app, this is still working great and very fast. Going to stick with that one.
                                Last edited by Shaggy8675; 2017-08-27, 12:57.
                                FR24 station: F-EHEH1

Comment

Working...
                                X