This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike View Post
    Bookmarks was the least used feature in the old app with less than 0.5% of users using it so we decided to remove it in this version. Instead we have made improvements to search that we think is a great alternative and there may be some new options coming in future updates.
    Hm, maybe my friends & I are the <0.5% of Users but we are missing it
    Regards,
    T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
    Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Comment

Are there some special offers for Feeders. Or are Feeders able to use the app?

Comment

Originally posted by Flieger28 View Post
        Are there some special offers for Feeders. Or are Feeders able to use the app?
        Feeders get a business subscription. You just login to the app. It's one of your 3 simultaneous logins.

Comment

I have a problem. Custom alerts doesnt work properly for me. I set up notif (airplane a320 over my area) and i get only 1 notif per 10-15 minutes. This started happening 1 month ago, before that it worked fine. Does anybody have the same problem?

Comment

Could the Aircraft Labels have "Altitude and Speed" as a single label the same as the website?
            That way people can have the same config on both mobile and web.

The cost of alerts is too high. My Azure subscription lets me have 10m Devices and 10m pushes per month for £150 then £7.50 per subsequent 1m pushes.
            Saying the servers are struggling with handling alerts means I look forward to huge server upgrades from all the alert profit and more appropriate alerts pricing in future.
            Last edited by Avacee; 2017-03-29, 21:47.

Comment

Originally posted by anzhe View Post
              I have a problem. Custom alerts doesnt work properly for me. I set up notif (airplane a320 over my area) and i get only 1 notif per 10-15 minutes. This started happening 1 month ago, before that it worked fine. Does anybody have the same problem?
              If you set a too broad alert the system will cut you off for some time. A too broad alert is an alert that keep generating several alerts per minute. If you think there is something wrong with your alerts you should contact support@fr24.com so they can check your account.

Comment

Originally posted by Avacee View Post
                Could the Aircraft Labels have "Altitude and Speed" as a single label the same as the website?
                That way people can have the same config on both mobile and web.

The cost of alerts is too high. My Azure subscription lets me have 10m Devices and 10m pushes per month for £150 then £7.50 per subsequent 1m pushes.
                Saying the servers are struggling with handling alerts means I look forward to huge server upgrades from all the alert profit and more appropriate alerts pricing in future.
                We will see if something can be done with labels, but generally a problem with mobile phones is the small screen.

We don't just push the alerts, we need to trigger them as well, and that is the heavy part. But as mentioned earlier in this thread.

There will be some quite big changes to alerts in a coming app update to make them easier and better, but unlimited will not be back.

Comment

Originally posted by EDLW View Post
                  - No bookmarks of locations any longer (which I used). If it was only used by a small amount of users and didn't make a lot of load on the servers: Why did you delete this useful feature?

- limited custom alerts - even in gold account!

- necessary yearly subscription - even for getting rid of the ad on top of the app. Minimum this should have been a candidate for a one time payment.

- no possibility for reducing the amount of needed data while using the app (option "update every xx seconds" is missing now - why?).

Sorry - the new version may look and feel nice (I feel so too) - but all in all it is a step backwards for me and kind of more illusion than reality...
                  To start with, we have completely redesigned the Free app and no features have been removed or deleted from that app.

Some features from the Pro app have been implemented in the New app and some not. We have tried to keep the New app as simple as possible and we didn't include features that were rarely used, hard to use or technically hard to support. Having tons of settings and features that people aren't using doesn't really make sense. Better make the app easy and focus on things people use. That keeps both development time and support time down. Some things may come back later in another format later. Some things have also been removed for different technical reasons and reducing data usage is something we are working on all the time, no matter if there is a setting or not. This is not the final version of the app, but the first version on our new platform that is shared with the web.

Making changes to to a service is always very sensitive. Some users are asking for updates every day, others are upset for every change that is made. In this case we have made many requested changes and at the same time we have given users option to keep using the Pro app if they prefer it.

Comment

Still waiting for a solution where custom alerts can be backed up and restored if you have to reinstall the app or factory your phone such a painful process manually entering them every time. Google already offers the framework to back up app data the app just has to be setup to allow it. Or I would even be happy with being able to export alerts to file and allow import to reload... please!! Please!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      To start with, we have completely redesigned the Free app and no features have been removed or deleted from that app.

Some features from the Pro app have been implemented in the New app and some not. We have tried to keep the New app as simple as possible and we didn't include features that were rarely used, hard to use or technically hard to support. Having tons of settings and features that people aren't using doesn't really make sense. Better make the app easy and focus on things people use. That keeps both development time and support time down. Some things may come back later in another format later. Some things have also been removed for different technical reasons and reducing data usage is something we are working on all the time, no matter if there is a setting or not. This is not the final version of the app, but the first version on our new platform that is shared with the web.

Making changes to to a service is always very sensitive. Some users are asking for updates every day, others are upset for every change that is made. In this case we have made many requested changes and at the same time we have given users option to keep using the Pro app if they prefer it.
                      Just to clarify that the PREMIUM version of the app will not be updated anymore?

Comment

So I've just worked out what's going on. A new is app. Instead of just updating my already paid version of the app you bring out a new one. I hate when developers do this as I would have no way to know there is a new app out unless you notify us which your haven't and I only discovered it was out by accident. So I've installed it and now you need to subscribe each month to get alerts. Fine. $1.99 is not much to pay but you only get 10. In the current app I get unlimited for a one time in app purchase. So the new app limiting you is very disappointing. The old Pro app is still working for alerts how long will this continue to work for until I'm forced to subscribe to the new app? And if I will I get any rollover of credit to the new app since I already paid for the Pro?
                        Lastly it seems with the new app there is still no way to backup alerts in case have to switch phones or factory reset. Sorry I am not considering to pay money to subscribe unless you added this feature. Or do the alerts backup to the cloud?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by icanfly77 View Post
                          Still waiting for a solution where custom alerts can be backed up and restored if you have to reinstall the app or factory your phone such a painful process manually entering them every time. Google already offers the framework to back up app data the app just has to be setup to allow it. Or I would even be happy with being able to export alerts to file and allow import to reload... please!! Please!!
                          As mentioned a couple of times already in the thread.

There will be some quite big changes to alerts in a coming app update to make them easier and better

Comment

Originally posted by Kensukin View Post
                            Just to clarify that the PREMIUM version of the app will not be updated anymore?
                            Premium and Pro app will not be updated any more.
                            All focus is now on the Free app that includes most of the features from the Premium app, Pro app and the web.

Comment

Originally posted by icanfly77 View Post
                              So I've just worked out what's going on. A new is app. Instead of just updating my already paid version of the app you bring out a new one. I hate when developers do this as I would have no way to know there is a new app out unless you notify us which your haven't and I only discovered it was out by accident. So I've installed it and now you need to subscribe each month to get alerts. Fine. $1.99 is not much to pay but you only get 10. In the current app I get unlimited for a one time in app purchase. So the new app limiting you is very disappointing. The old Pro app is still working for alerts how long will this continue to work for until I'm forced to subscribe to the new app? And if I will I get any rollover of credit to the new app since I already paid for the Pro?
                              Lastly it seems with the new app there is still no way to backup alerts in case have to switch phones or factory reset. Sorry I am not considering to pay money to subscribe unless you added this feature. Or do the alerts backup to the cloud?
                              Neither the app or the release has been fully rolled out yet. At this point probably 80% of the users are not aware of the changes. We will keep rolling out the update slowly and there will be information to all Premium and Pro app users over time.

We think that most users understand that having a business modell where we have to provide a quite CPU intensive service for many years, for a one time payment, is not really sustainable in the long term. At the same time many users were are asking for new features, were we in many cases have to buy in 3rd party data for a recuring fee. That is why we needed to change the business model. But we haven't removed anything for the pro customers. All pro customers can keep using the app and the in-apps that they have bought. For users who have been asking for more features we are now offering the new app with some more features for free plus the option to get a subscription shared with a web with even more features.

And getting back to the Alerts again, the new app is far from finished. There will be a big update to Alerts in a coming update. And we are quite confident that it will be an appreciated update.

Comment

Hi,

thanks for this awesome update. Many website-features I really like are in the app now, thanks!

Are there any plans to implement the fleet view respectively synchronized filters between web and app? I'd really dig that.

Greetings
                                me123
                                Last edited by me123; 2017-04-10, 18:24.

Comment

Working...
                                X