X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrisifr
    replied
    Curious why A321 aircraft icons are so small in the Android app? They should be comparable to a 737, but instead look like an E190 or similar. I'm guessing the whole A320 family (319,320 and 321) are assigned the same icon which seems silly, but should at least be similar to 737. Would it be possible to update the app to use more accurate sizes for each member of the A320 family or at least similar to the 737 size?
    I don't see this issue on the desktop or the IOS version, only on Android.

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by LenC View Post
    I just signed up for a yearly Silver program and I am disappointed to see that the abilities of the PC version are not duplicated in the Android app.

So far, I have found that I can set multiple bookmarks (locations in the earlier apps) on my PC but none in the Android app. I had put off subscribing because the new app I tried some time ago didn't have the saved locations feature, but decided to give it a shot because I saw that in the PC version "bookmarks" did the same thing.

Second, I found that in the app I couldn't find/follow a flight by the flight number, but I could in the PC version. I finally found the flight by watching for it to become active at the departure airport (clicking over and over on multiple icons until I found it). Once, I had found it, I could use that "N" number to follow it.

The advertising says that the selected program can be used on the PC, Android, or iOS platforms, but that is actually not true. There should be a bold caveat placed there that only some of the features transfer between platforms.

This disconnect between the PC and Android/iOS apps is a really bad move. As a customer, moving between the PC and my mobile app should be seamless in terms of capabilities.

I have read several posts about the limited number of alerts. On my previous app, I had set transponder code 7777 for alerts and was surprised how many times a week some airliner would have a technical or medical emergency. Does the limited number of alerts mean that after receiving 10 code 7777 alerts, I will not receive them for the rest of the year?

I can understand the need to move to a new business model (I have an MBA) but the execution and odd differences between the platforms leaves much to be desired. I suspect I may become a one-year user and then move on to something else.
    Sorry to hear that you are disappointed. The premium grid on https://www.flightradar24.com/premium/ shows which features are available in the apps. All the basic features like tracking, searching, 3D, flight data, flight history, labels, layers, airports, weather are available on all platforms. Only some few features are missing in the apps - views (as screen is too small) and bookmarks (as this is least use the feature, and search is often faster than finding a bookmark). Instead the app offers AR view which is not possible on the web. Please contact support@fr24.com if you have any questions about the features.

Leave a comment:

• LenC
    replied
    I just signed up for a yearly Silver program and I am disappointed to see that the abilities of the PC version are not duplicated in the Android app.

So far, I have found that I can set multiple bookmarks (locations in the earlier apps) on my PC but none in the Android app. I had put off subscribing because the new app I tried some time ago didn't have the saved locations feature, but decided to give it a shot because I saw that in the PC version "bookmarks" did the same thing.

Second, I found that in the app I couldn't find/follow a flight by the flight number, but I could in the PC version. I finally found the flight by watching for it to become active at the departure airport (clicking over and over on multiple icons until I found it). Once, I had found it, I could use that "N" number to follow it.

The advertising says that the selected program can be used on the PC, Android, or iOS platforms, but that is actually not true. There should be a bold caveat placed there that only some of the features transfer between platforms.

This disconnect between the PC and Android/iOS apps is a really bad move. As a customer, moving between the PC and my mobile app should be seamless in terms of capabilities.

I have read several posts about the limited number of alerts. On my previous app, I had set transponder code 7777 for alerts and was surprised how many times a week some airliner would have a technical or medical emergency. Does the limited number of alerts mean that after receiving 10 code 7777 alerts, I will not receive them for the rest of the year?

I can understand the need to move to a new business model (I have an MBA) but the execution and odd differences between the platforms leaves much to be desired. I suspect I may become a one-year user and then move on to something else.
    Last edited by LenC; 2018-08-17, 01:43.

Leave a comment:

• Rogerman
    replied
    Got Silver subscription but recently keep getting message "Flight path failed to load, please try again." on all aircraft. Also searches give "No results" even though I know flights on the searched aircraft have taken place. Can't therefore get any history. On Windows version history not updated since 19th June despite later flights.

Leave a comment:

• KroontjesPen
    replied
    Problem solved.

A earlier test in modem not totally removed.
    By using mobile-phone as hotspot I found-out that it had to do with delay in connection with i-net.
    Step by step and remembering what I had done I found the problem.

Leave a comment:

• KroontjesPen
    replied
    Ver. 7.7.1 4 Juni 2018
    Samsung SM-T800 tablet.
    Gold member.

After this latest update the app is not working as before. It takes minutes the start-up and showing moving air-planes.
    Even when I let the app open in the background it takes 3 minutes to see the air-planes moving again.
    The pictures of the plans are not showing at all.
    Already reinstall the app from fresh.
    This way the app is wordless to use on my tablet.
    No more hearing a plane - clicking on the app - see plane with in en few seconds.

On my pc it still OK only I missed there the units in the giving type e.g. meter, Km/h et.

Leave a comment:

• supine
    replied
    I've gone back to the old "pro" app as it does not have the "feature" of being logged out once a week.

So tedious having to do the FR24 <-> password manager <-> 2FA manager dance so often.

FR24 is the only app that does this, every other app has remembered my session since I first logged in.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Originally posted by Shadeyman View Post
    Waited far too long for "Priority Support" to reply. If this is "Priority" I'd hate to experience "Standard Support". Credit card informed, they're brilliant and my wife and children have called to say they landed safely so I can relax.
    Support is via email or web submission support. Not the forum...

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Shadeyman
    replied
    Waited far too long for "Priority Support" to reply. If this is "Priority" I'd hate to experience "Standard Support". Credit card informed, they're brilliant and my wife and children have called to say they landed safely so I can relax.

Leave a comment:

• rwier
    replied
    Same thing (the word Gold at the upper right) on my phone. I'm guessing that you have to see the word Gold at the upper right before you can access the Gold options.

Leave a comment:

• rwier
    replied
    Just experimented. Logged out. 3D view showed a padlock. Signing in uses a name and password. Then the word Gold shows up at the upper right of the screen next to a little head-and-shoulders icon. The cool 3D option comes alive.

Leave a comment:

• Shadeyman
    replied
    I'm not paying £35 for GOLD I'm unable to use and "Priority Support" is either useless or non existent. I've give up. I'll be contacting my credit card for a refund ..

Leave a comment:

• rwier
    replied
    I don't have a question or a problem, just adding to the group knowledge. I have the gold subscription. I use it on a Win 8.1 desktop and on a Samsung S7 Edge. My sign-in appears to be the same for both venues. I haven't used the 3D option for a while. It appears (the 3D) to be quite enhanced compared to what I remember. That is on both the home monitor and the S7. I don't remember doing anything about updates on either venue. Maybe I forgot or it happened automatically. Anyway, 3D is looking great Thanks FR24!!!

Leave a comment:

• Shadeyman
    replied
    Hi everyone.

Sorry this is my first post but I've had no luck anywhere else solving this problem.
    Installed Flightradar24 Flight Tracker app on my phone as I couldn't find and download the original Flightradar24 Pro I purchased. Upgraded the Flightradar24 Flight Tracker app to GOLD straight away.

So why is the app still BASIC ??

Leave a comment:

• barbosa97
    replied
    I installed the Flightradar24 app on my phone and I do not know why it does not work, no error message appears and the application stays as if there was no internet connection. At first I thought it was a problem in my connection, I did tests using 3G and connection in another house and it worked. I installed the app on a Samsung Win Duos and used the same connection as mine and it also worked. I have no idea why the app does not work on my device. My phone is Motorola Moto Maxx, android 6.0.
    Screenshot_20180218-180154.jpg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X