Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Flightradar24 Android App

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Problem solved.

    A earlier test in modem not totally removed.
    By using mobile-phone as hotspot I found-out that it had to do with delay in connection with i-net.
    Step by step and remembering what I had done I found the problem.

    Comment


    • #92
      Got Silver subscription but recently keep getting message "Flight path failed to load, please try again." on all aircraft. Also searches give "No results" even though I know flights on the searched aircraft have taken place. Can't therefore get any history. On Windows version history not updated since 19th June despite later flights.

      Comment


      • #93
        I just signed up for a yearly Silver program and I am disappointed to see that the abilities of the PC version are not duplicated in the Android app.

        So far, I have found that I can set multiple bookmarks (locations in the earlier apps) on my PC but none in the Android app. I had put off subscribing because the new app I tried some time ago didn't have the saved locations feature, but decided to give it a shot because I saw that in the PC version "bookmarks" did the same thing.

        Second, I found that in the app I couldn't find/follow a flight by the flight number, but I could in the PC version. I finally found the flight by watching for it to become active at the departure airport (clicking over and over on multiple icons until I found it). Once, I had found it, I could use that "N" number to follow it.

        The advertising says that the selected program can be used on the PC, Android, or iOS platforms, but that is actually not true. There should be a bold caveat placed there that only some of the features transfer between platforms.

        This disconnect between the PC and Android/iOS apps is a really bad move. As a customer, moving between the PC and my mobile app should be seamless in terms of capabilities.

        I have read several posts about the limited number of alerts. On my previous app, I had set transponder code 7777 for alerts and was surprised how many times a week some airliner would have a technical or medical emergency. Does the limited number of alerts mean that after receiving 10 code 7777 alerts, I will not receive them for the rest of the year?

        I can understand the need to move to a new business model (I have an MBA) but the execution and odd differences between the platforms leaves much to be desired. I suspect I may become a one-year user and then move on to something else.
        Last edited by LenC; 2018-08-17, 01:43.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by LenC View Post
          I just signed up for a yearly Silver program and I am disappointed to see that the abilities of the PC version are not duplicated in the Android app.

          So far, I have found that I can set multiple bookmarks (locations in the earlier apps) on my PC but none in the Android app. I had put off subscribing because the new app I tried some time ago didn't have the saved locations feature, but decided to give it a shot because I saw that in the PC version "bookmarks" did the same thing.

          Second, I found that in the app I couldn't find/follow a flight by the flight number, but I could in the PC version. I finally found the flight by watching for it to become active at the departure airport (clicking over and over on multiple icons until I found it). Once, I had found it, I could use that "N" number to follow it.

          The advertising says that the selected program can be used on the PC, Android, or iOS platforms, but that is actually not true. There should be a bold caveat placed there that only some of the features transfer between platforms.

          This disconnect between the PC and Android/iOS apps is a really bad move. As a customer, moving between the PC and my mobile app should be seamless in terms of capabilities.

          I have read several posts about the limited number of alerts. On my previous app, I had set transponder code 7777 for alerts and was surprised how many times a week some airliner would have a technical or medical emergency. Does the limited number of alerts mean that after receiving 10 code 7777 alerts, I will not receive them for the rest of the year?

          I can understand the need to move to a new business model (I have an MBA) but the execution and odd differences between the platforms leaves much to be desired. I suspect I may become a one-year user and then move on to something else.
          Sorry to hear that you are disappointed. The premium grid on https://www.flightradar24.com/premium/ shows which features are available in the apps. All the basic features like tracking, searching, 3D, flight data, flight history, labels, layers, airports, weather are available on all platforms. Only some few features are missing in the apps - views (as screen is too small) and bookmarks (as this is least use the feature, and search is often faster than finding a bookmark). Instead the app offers AR view which is not possible on the web. Please contact support@fr24.com if you have any questions about the features.

          Comment


          • #95
            Curious why A321 aircraft icons are so small in the Android app? They should be comparable to a 737, but instead look like an E190 or similar. I'm guessing the whole A320 family (319,320 and 321) are assigned the same icon which seems silly, but should at least be similar to 737. Would it be possible to update the app to use more accurate sizes for each member of the A320 family or at least similar to the 737 size?
            I don't see this issue on the desktop or the IOS version, only on Android.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Mike View Post
              The new app is sharing platform and subscriptions with the web and there is no need to update if you don't want to.
              You can keep using the current Pro app without any extra costs.
              So now the shoe has finally dropped. Paid users with the old app and upgrades are now being forced to switch to the new app, which is feature reduced and full of ads unless they pony up for the subscription.

              Absolute bullshit.

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by zredsox View Post

                So now the shoe has finally dropped. Paid users with the old app and upgrades are now being forced to switch to the new app, which is feature reduced and full of ads unless they pony up for the subscription.

                Absolute bullshit.
                It is called unconscionable conduct but they don't seem to care enough to even reply. I will be reporting the app to Google because of this. Luckily I have the original agreement that gave pro users lifetime updates etc. By their own admission this is a version update and should be included.

                The claim of the technology the old app was built on being changed is BS. The sane API's are used to hook into the radar networks and ATC flight plans. It seems little more than a way to force more money out of the people who effectively funded the new version.

                Comment


                • #98
                  I renewed my subscription (silver) on my iPad. I also have the app on my android phone but am not able to use the app with my paid for subscription. Your site says I am able to use this app on up to 3 devices. What is going on?

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by SGM View Post
                    So no support (and extra features) for the current app?
                    apparently that there is no, and very a pity!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Twhtow View Post

                      It is called unconscionable conduct but they don't seem to care enough to even reply. I will be reporting the app to Google because of this. Luckily I have the original agreement that gave pro users lifetime updates etc. By their own admission this is a version update and should be included.

                      The claim of the technology the old app was built on being changed is BS. The sane API's are used to hook into the radar networks and ATC flight plans. It seems little more than a way to force more money out of the people who effectively funded the new version.
                      As we have written several times in this thread we are sorry if some users get upset when we sunset the old Pro app. We have been supporting the old Pro app for 10+ years and both the app and data feed provided to the app has reached end of life. It has now been 3 years since we stopped selling the Pro app and supporting the legacy data feed for the old Pro app is not possible any more. We are not talking any public data feeds or API's but the physical server at FR24 providing data to old Pro app. We are not able to maintain or migrate this feed without big costs. We have not at any point promised a lifetime license or lifetime support of the old app.

                      More information can be found in this post
                      https://forum.flightradar24.com/foru...834#post113834

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Mike View Post

                        As we have written several times in this thread we are sorry if some users get upset when we sunset the old Pro app. We have been supporting the old Pro app for 10+ years and both the app and data feed provided to the app has reached end of life. It has now been 3 years since we stopped selling the Pro app and supporting the legacy data feed for the old Pro app is not possible any more. We are not talking any public data feeds or API's but the physical server at FR24 providing data to old Pro app. We are not able to maintain or migrate this feed without big costs. We have not at any point promised a lifetime license or lifetime support of the old app.

                        More information can be found in this post
                        https://forum.flightradar24.com/foru...834#post113834
                        You might like to read your own original terms and then also read the promise that was made in this very thread.

                        People are not angry you seem to think you need to retire the older app, that most people have had for far less than 10 years, but that you expect people who paid for the old app to pay a subscription for the new one. As paid users it would have been far better to either migrate the pro users to the new system without cost or offer a non subscription one of purchase for your existing paid customers to migrate to the new app. Both these are possible before you claim it is not possible to do.

                        I also note the new reason for retiring the older version of the app when you gave a different reason earlier in this same thread.

                        I will be pursuing a refund as the original purchase did not include time limits and did specify updates were to be free. I would encourage all others who purchased the pro version to do likewise. I am unsure about the IOS version (or if it exists) but the andriod version is governed by the rules of the play store and refunds can by issued by them with a claw back from the vendor in cases such as this.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Twhtow View Post
                          People are not angry you seem to think you need to retire the older app, that most people have had for far less than 10 years, but that you expect people who paid for the old app to pay a subscription for the new one. As paid users it would have been far better to either migrate the pro users to the new system without cost or offer a non subscription one of purchase for your existing paid customers to migrate to the new app. Both these are possible before you claim it is not possible to do.
                          Pro users can download and use the current app just like any other user. We are not expecting anyone to subscribe to the current app, but offer old Pro add a special offer worth more than the value of the old app, if someone want to have access to the new features. If a user don't want to pay the current app offers most of the features from the old Pro app for free. Flightradar24 is offering an ongoing service and access to paid features can only be provided for an ongoing cost.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            The new app is sharing platform and subscriptions with the web and there is no need to update if you don't want to.
                            You can keep using the current Pro app without any extra costs.
                            Well it turns out that was a lie too. Really poor form on not supporting your old users. Is there a reason there couldn't have been a 'remove ads' tier that old users got moved to? (I mean it still doesn't help all the users that paid for additional features, but at least it would be something right?)

                            It's really frustrating to those of us that supported and championed this app, and now feel we can no longer trust this developer. A trial period of the subscription does not adequately compensate.

                            You must be aware at the number of people who have been upset by this, given your plummeting rating in the app store and terrible feedback on various review sites. Are there any plans to review this decision to cut us all off, or should I too join the queue in making a complaint with Google to request a refund?

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X