Missing Aircraft Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Aircraft Data

I own and ADS-B equipped Motorglider (N541MN). Yesterday, I went on a one hour flight in the Naples FL area. When I went into the Flightradar database, it doesn't show any flights for my aircraft. I was flying at 3,500 ft. so I should have been visible to some ADS-B receivers in the area.

What causes this?

Are you transmitting ADS-B messages or just Mode-S data?

Did you use FR24 Playback for the period you were airborne? I just did a quick check and didn't see your flight but I didn't know when you were in the air. In fact, I didn't see any low level traffic in the Naples FL area.

The reasons your flight doesn't show could be:

1. No FR24 feeds for the Naples area.

2. You were flying too low for the local feeds to pick up the flight

3. Your transponder was off or malfunctioning

4. It was Mode-S and there are no MLAT enabled feeders in your area.

5. A combination of the above.

I can see some historic flights for N541MN on another well know flight tracking website but not for yesterday.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

I am transmitting ADS-B OUT using 1090ES. I ran an FAA ADS-B Performance report yesterday and everything is working properly.

I only have a basic membership, so I can't look back further than 7 days. Can you see any flights for my aircraft further back? On 10/26/16 I flew from KIPJ (near KCLT in Charlotte) to Naples, FL (KAPF).

Is there any way to see where FlightRadar24 has ADS-B receivers in the South FL area?

Comment

I just realised I was viewing Sunday's flights not Saturday. On Saturday there is local traffic in the Naples area.

What time were you flying (UTC)?

Your aircraft is in the FR24 database:

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

The last recorded flight was on 10th September 2016.

These are your flights shown at FlightAware:

Date Aircraft Origin Destination Departure Arrival Duration
        12-Oct-2016 Unknown Near Crossville, TN Near Lincolnton, NC First seen 14:08 Last seen 15:42 1:33
        11-Oct-2016 Unknown Richard Lloyd Jones Jr (KRVS) Near Crossville, TN 16:17 Last seen 22:11 5:54
        10-Oct-2016 Unknown Near Albuquerque, NM Richard Lloyd Jones Jr (KRVS) First seen 17:54 Last seen 21:48 3:54
        12-Sep-2016 Unknown Near Page, AZ Near Albuquerque, NM First seen 16:02 Last seen 18:01 1:58
        11-Sep-2016 Unknown Minden-Tahoe (KMEV) Near St George, UT 18:07 Last seen 21:10 3:03
        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

I was flying in the Naples FL area on 11/12/16 from ~19:10 UTC to ~20:10 UTC. I was at 3,000 to 3,500 ft MSL most of the flight.

It's baffling why my flight on Oct 26 from Charlotte to Naples FL is not in the database. I was flying at ~8,000 ft MSL for most of that flight and should have been visible on numerous ADS-B receivers during that 5 hour flight.

Note: My Dynon ADS-B OUT transponder is transmitting an incorrect emitter type. It is transmitting type 11 - Parachutist / Skydiver, rather than type 9 - Glider. Dynon is working on fixing this. Is it possible that this is why I'm not showing up in the database?
          Last edited by mikeschumann; 2016-11-14, 14:05.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeschumann View Post
            My Dynon ADS-B OUT transponder is transmitting an incorrect emitter type. It is transmitting type 11 - Parachutist / Skydiver, rather than type 9 - Glider. Dynon is working on fixing this. Is it possible that this is why I'm not showing up in the database?
            Maybe that's the issue?

There's no sign of your flight on Playback.
            Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Working...
            X