Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I contribute? What equipment do I need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike View Post
    You do not need to know what port 30003 is to get the software working, you just press one button.
    If you are talking about radarvirtuel, we asked them for data exchange some weeks ago, but the answer was NO.
    Thanks Mike

Shame they are closed to that idea, it would be an ideal opportunity to expand coverage for both sites.

Comment

Originally posted by niko View Post
      Hi
      Copy - paste from www.flightradar24.com/about.php

How can I contribute to flightradar24.com?

If you have an ADS-B receiver, or get one, and you want to share information received by your receiver with Flightradar24.com you can contact info@flight24.com

This e-mail address (info@flight24.com) don't exist.
      The messages return back to sender.
      Can you help us with correct address?
      Thank you.
      The address works, I have received more that 20 e-mails today on that address. You can try again or from another address.

Comment

@Mike
        Thank you.
        I will try from another account.

Comment

Flightradar24.com software is collecting flight data from Basestation or Airnav software on port 30003 and sends it to our servers. The question is if the Planeplotter software that comes with PlaneGadget, supports the same kind of export on port 30003.
          Have you tried the 21 day demo?

Hopefully it is a full version that dies after 21 days. then you have plenty of time to try it.

/Per

Comment

Originally posted by Pelle900 View Post
            Have you tried the 21 day demo?

Hopefully it is a full version that dies after 21 days. then you have plenty of time to try it.

/Per
            The 21-day PP free trial is for use with a local receiver. To share data (and see aircraft from other PP users) requires a registered copy of PP, €25 one-off payment.

No receiver, no port 30003 output.
            Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
              The 21-day PP free trial is for use with a local receiver. To share data (and see aircraft from other PP users) requires a registered copy of PP, €25 one-off payment.

No receiver, no port 30003 output.
              Yep, a lot of settings for export but no 30003 server out. But it can read data from others on 30003 I read in the help-file.
              It has DDE/OLE support so someone need to write a plug-in to retrieve the data and provide the 30003 port support that way unless PP can do this for us.

An alternative is that you can read the data to/from the PP network (via the PP DDE interface in that kit you have ordered and feed you server from their network )
              There where not that many nodes outside UK in their net yet but the Radargadget device may change that.

P

Comment

Pelle900

You recommended 21 day PP free trial. This doesn't allow sharing and if no receiver, no data on PP or port 30003.
                Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

I recommend you to have a look what it can do. Everything is there in the menus (except the enable sharing). The help-file is comprehensive but the application does not have Radarbox 2 port 30003 export so someone need to write a plug-in to make the connection to your database. Many other ways of export exists though...

P

Comment

The address works, I have received more that 20 e-mails today on that address. You can try again or from another address.
                    Mike,
                    I've sent three emails to that address on this subject but no answer.
                    If you're busy then no problem.
                    Just wondered if you are receiving them.
                    Ken.

Comment

Flightradar24.com software is collecting flight data from Basestation or Airnav software on port 30003 and sends it to our servers. The question is if the Planeplotter software that comes with PlaneGadget, supports the same kind of export on port 30003.
                      PlaneGadget is just a receiver that ships with PlanePlotter Lite.

Basestation and RadarBox software outputs some message data on Port 30003. PP uses this data. When PP is used with PlaneGadget it gets the data from a USB connection, not Port 30003 (PlaneGadget has no software). There is no reason for PP to output the messages on Port 30003.

I have asked the PlaneGadget developer to get a definitive answer about uploading data to Flightradar24. However, the PP server and websites are out of action so it may take a while to get a response from Bev at COAA (PP developer). I will post back here when I have more information.
                      Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

I have sent 3 emails to info@flight24.com offering a 24/7 feed, but I have never received any reply. the first two were bounced back, but the last one wasn’t.
                        I can contribute to the network.
                        I am In Ararat, Victoria, Australia, and I have a AirNav Radar Box setup here on a 12 meter mast, 12db antenna and 35db mast head amp with a coverage up to 400km.
                        My system can fill in the hole between Adelaide and Melbourne.
                        Please send me a email with a reply to vk3jtm@internode.on.net

Comment

Originally posted by vk3jtm View Post
                          I have sent 3 emails to info@flight24.com offering a 24/7 feed, but I have never received any reply. the first two were bounced back, but the last one wasn’t.
                          I am In Ararat, Victoria, Australia, and I have a AirNav Radar Box setup here on a 12 meter mast, 12db antenna and 35db mast head amp with a coverage up to 400km.

I have the same problem as you vk3jtm.
                          I´ve sent Mike several e-mail without getting feedback.
                          Frustrating, because you do not know if the mail is read or ignored.
                          Sent Mike a mail last night, so hopfully he will reply to that one today.
                          Proud distributor of the F-ENZV3 Radar

Comment

Originally posted by sba8585 View Post
                            I have the same problem as you vk3jtm.
                            I´ve sent Mike several e-mail without getting feedback.
                            Frustrating, because you do not know if the mail is read or ignored.
                            Sent Mike a mail last night, so hopfully he will reply to that one today.
                            What is your location?

Comment

My location is very close to ENVZ.
                              Pls see my mail sent to your mail (mike(at)flight24.com) last night for more info.
                              Last edited by sba8585; 2010-04-23, 07:33.
                              Proud distributor of the F-ENZV3 Radar

Comment

Originally posted by vk3jtm View Post
                                I received a reply from Mikael today and now I am uploading data to the sever. All good now thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X