GPS Feeeder Location Wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS Feeeder Location Wrong

Is there a way to correct the GPS coordinates, I must have punched in the number wrong, because when I click on the link from this website it has me sitting somewhere up on Mt. Apo, when in fact I am only about 1 kilometer from the coastline.

Great question. . I know how to do that on FlightAware (extremely easy) but not sure how to do that on FR24.
    (another great example of why a GPS equipped receiver would not have this question in the first place).

Comment

Originally posted by Sam26K View Post
      Great question. . I know how to do that on FlightAware (extremely easy) but not sure how to do that on FR24.
      (another great example of why a GPS equipped receiver would not have this question in the first place).
      a GPS unit still won't help to answer a setup question where you manually have to input data due to the broad number of devices it supports. Nor give clarity if you boobed up the question or if a setting on local software is causing local drift adjustments

Originally posted by kanisrj View Post
      Is there a way to correct the GPS coordinates, I must have punched in the number wrong, because when I click on the link from this website it has me sitting somewhere up on Mt. Apo, when in fact I am only about 1 kilometer from the coastline.
      What link are you clicking.
      There are multiple references used
      Website = last location moved to on map
      Dump1090 map - specified separately to the FR24feed setup question
      Account settings - where your location is only specified during setup and you will need to email support with your uploader ID to correct them
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I found the answer, it can only be done by filling out the online form from this website, and having the admin correct the GPS coordinates, I have contacted them, they did reply and asked me to send the correct ones.

Thanks to all who replied, its a learning curve for most of us.

Comment

@kanisrj: Glad you resolved your problem.

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
          a GPS unit still won't help to answer a setup question where you manually have to input data due to the broad number of devices it supports. Nor give clarity if you boobed up the question or if a setting on local software is causing local drift adjustments
          That's too bad. I guess that means that FR24 doesn't utilize gps data from a pi feeder at all. Would be nice to have though as it would make mobile receivers possible on traffic like ships at sea and trains and trucks that regularly pass areas that have few or zero feeders.

On the USB delays with a USB GPS receiver's time stamp, there is this option to wire the GPS directly to the Rpi's UART: Rpi with UART connected GPS.

Comment

Working...
          X