Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to track specific aircraft or type of aircraft

Hi all,

I've casually used FR for a couple of years but become much more interested in the last few months while being out of work! I live under a reasonably busy flightpath and it's fun being able to see which planes are overhead.

I live near an airfield which is having an airshow soon (The Farnborough International Airshow), which includes lots of military planes that aren't trackable. But what about a plane such as the Pitts S2S? Could I track this in FR and get an alert when it's near us?

I tried tracking the A380 but wasn't getting any alerts ... until I put in A388, then they all started coming in. So what's the deal with tracking aircraft (and is there a list of more interesting plane registration or types that we can track, instead of passenger planes?)

Thanks

Will

Hi W82,

Alerts for aircraft are based on their ICAO code type designators, this is why the Airbus A380 alert begun working, because the ICAO code for it is "A388". If you're interested in seeing a list of different codes, I'd recommend checking out the below link:

ICAO Flugzeugcodes (Aircraft Type Designators) mit Wirbelschleppenkategorie (Wake) genutzt für Luftverkehrsdienste.

You can also use the filtering feature on the right hand side of the page, to filter based on these codes. If you're interested in doing this you should check out our below blog link which details this further:

Take a closer look at Getting the most out of the new filters on Flightradar24.com and learn how to take advantage of the new filter panel.

It's also worth noting that many military, police and private aircraft aren't displayed by Flightradar24 due security or privacy reasons and the aircraft that fall under this category won't trigger alerts.

I hope this is helpful

Originally posted by w82 View Post
    Hi all,

I've casually used FR for a couple of years but become much more interested in the last few months while being out of work! I live under a reasonably busy flightpath and it's fun being able to see which planes are overhead.

I live near an airfield which is having an airshow soon (The Farnborough International Airshow), which includes lots of military planes that aren't trackable. But what about a plane such as the Pitts S2S? Could I track this in FR and get an alert when it's near us?

I tried tracking the A380 but wasn't getting any alerts ... until I put in A388, then they all started coming in. So what's the deal with tracking aircraft (and is there a list of more interesting plane registration or types that we can track, instead of passenger planes?)

Thanks

Will
    Flightradar24.com Support

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Please visit About Us, How it Works, FAQs, Blog and Forum for more information about Flightradar24.

Comment

Working...
    X