Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeding newbie

Hi quick question I'm sorry but i expect its been asked 100's of times
    I'm feeding with a Rpi and everything seems to be working status tells me I'm on line radar view shows aircraft I'm receiving I'm reporting 30000+ positions a day and see over 900 aircraft.
    what i don't see is any aircraft I'm receiving when i enable the radar in filter i have set it up with my call sign but never see any planes.does all this sound normal as i have never built anything thats worked before is there anything else i should be doing I'm also seeing aircraft up to 90nm with antenna on the roof.
    i guess just leave it alone and let it do its stuff.

thanks

ian

Your range likely isn't quite enough, or there are more feeders in the area. The attributed radar filter is not accurate and can't be relied on. To see local traffic use radar view our virtual radar server and the various guides to set up here

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      Your range likely isn't quite enough, or there are more feeders in the area. The attributed radar filter is not accurate and can't be relied on. To see local traffic use radar view our virtual radar server and the various guides to set up here

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
      maybe I need to see if I can get antenna higher,I don't have the best line of site.radar view shows aircraft out to about 90nm so I guess it is doing something

Comment

Originally posted by icpass View Post
        maybe I need to see if I can get antenna higher,I don't have the best line of site.radar view shows aircraft out to about 90nm so I guess it is doing something
        First check what is the maximum possible range you can get from your location and your present antenna height.
        Please see this post to find out how to check.

What is the Maximum Range I can Get?

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
          First check what is the maximum possible range you can get from your location and your present antenna height.
          Please see this post to find out how to check.

What-is-the-Maximum-Range-I-can-Get"]What is the Maximum Range I can Get?[/URL]
          I just checked my range it was pretty consistent with radar view,except it showed a lot farther west and north,today I managed 90 nm I could only get antenna up another 12 feet so I guess it would not make much difference

Comment

Working...
          X