X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abcd567
    replied
    Hardy_2016

Thanks for pointing out the bug (it was caused by change of forum format).

Now I have fixed the bug in:

COLORING RANGE CIRCLES ALTERNATE RED/BLUE dump1090-mutability version 1.15~dev

Leave a comment:

• Hardy_2016
    replied
    Sorry Captain (abc567)

the same bug in :
    COLORING RANGE CIRCLES ALTERNATE RED/BLUE dump1090-mutability version 1.15~dev

Best Regards
    Hardy

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    Hardy_2016

Thanks for pointing out the bug.

Forum format was changed by FR24 after the post was made in 2018. This resulted in bug of [color] [/color]. This was already pointed out by Oblivian in his above post.

Now I fixed it by replacing:
    [code ] and [/code ]
    by:
    [quote ] and [/quote ].

Please check the How to Add RSSI Column post.

Last edited by abcd567; 2021-05-14, 21:14.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    That's not an error on his behalf

It is red to highlight the only portions (hence saying copy all in red)

When the forum upgraded, some formatting become text. Some of those are coming on 3 years old.

Leave a comment:

• Hardy_2016
    replied
    Hello Captain (abcd567)

first at all, thank you very much for the Excellent tutorial on how to Setup and "Upgrade" Dump1090 Mutability.
    I started to upgrade from Pi-3 / Stretch to the Pi-4 / Buster and used as Reference your tutorial:

How to Install dump1090-mutability on RPi
    Last update: December 23, 2020

How-to Add "Received Signal Strength Indicator" (RSSI) Column in Aircraft Table of dump1090-mutability ver 1.15~dev
    Posted on: October 14, 2018

I found some errors, the Copy & Paste lines contain (color=red] & [/color] statements.

STEP-1
    gmap.html
    ADD 2 lines shown below in RED (copy-paste these)
    (color=red]<td id="rssi" onclick="sortByRSSI();" style="text-align: right">RSSI</td>[/color]
    (color=red]<td style="text-align: right">RSSI</td>[/color]

STEP-2
    script.js
    2.2 - Add RSSI Column
    (color=red]tableplane.tr.cells[10].textContent = tableplane.rssi.toFixed(1); [/color]
    (COLOR=red]function sortByRSSI() { sortBy('rssi', compareNumeric, function(x) { return x.rssi; }); }[/COLOR]

STEP-3
    style.css
    div#map_canvas { height: 100%; margin-right: (color=red]460[/color]px; }
    div#sidebar_container { float: left; width: (color=red]450[/color]px; margin-left: (color=red]-455[/color]px; height: 100%; overflow: auto; }

Best Regards
    Hardy
    Last edited by Hardy_2016; 2021-05-13, 13:16.

Leave a comment:

• GlynH
    replied
    Originally posted by abcd567 View Post

Over-active spam protection.
    I often get this, and when this happens, I just give up and quit.
    Tell me about it...I spent ages trying each & every way I could think of and like you gave up in the end!

Thanks & kind regards,
    -=Glyn=-

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    Originally posted by GlynH View Post
    In post 4 you detail a great modification to select a gain from a drop-down menu for dump1090-mutability.
    Would this procedure work for dump1090-fa by any chance?
    Yes, it is possible. Everything is same except the modifications in map files gmap.html (dump1090-mutability) and index.html (dump1090-fa) are different.

CAUTION: May NOT work with AirSpy dongle

Automated install scripts for "set gain from browser" for following:
    - dump1090-mutability on Raspbian
    - dump1090-fa on Raspbian
    - dump1090-fa on Piaware image

https://github.com/abcd567a/set-gain...ster/README.md

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    I've changed the 'Hide All Tracks' button to read & display the Performance Graphs and lost nothing in the process because toggling the Show All Tracks button switches between show & hide tracks anyway!

I was going to post the complete solution but for some reason I keep getting a 403 Error when I try to paste it in here?
    The "Hide All Track" and "Show All Tracks" buttons do not exist in dump1090-mutability, so posting that procedure in this thread is irrelevant.

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    I was going to post the complete solution but for some reason I keep getting a 403 Error when I try to paste it in here?
    Over-active spam protection.
    I often get this, and when this happens, I just give up and quit.

Leave a comment:

• GlynH
    replied
    Ah...so that's where it was hiding!

Fantastic...I've changed the 'Hide All Tracks' button to read & display the Performance Graphs and lost nothing in the process because toggling the Show All Tracks button switches between show & hide tracks anyway!

As the Gain Change function looks to be more complex for my limited experience I'll try that another day but thanks for the heads-up abcd.

Thanks & kind regards,
    -=Glyn=-

Leave a comment:

• GlynH
    replied
    Hey abcd,

In post 4 you detail a great modification to select a gain from a drop-down menu for dump1090-mutability.

Would this procedure work for dump1090-fa by any chance?

I have also been trying to discover how to change the 'Hide All Tracks' to Maps to select the graphs page and although I can see the lines of code required to do so have been unable to determine the file to modify.

I am guessing this file is one and the same gmap.html in dump1090 but I can't find it on my system.

Any ideas please?

Thanks & kind regards,
    -=Glyn=-

Leave a comment:

• Banthum
    replied
    abcd567 Dump1090/Gain.php is now running. Thanks for the help.
    You have to live with those newbies.
    Happy holidays to all of you.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    I already had. But it doesn't reflect on searches.

Leave a comment:

• abcd567
    replied
    Originally posted by Oblivian View Post

That's what I was referring to. People trying to use word for word copy/paste and finding the direct links throughout the forum to 1.15 sources not working and so on. (without also knowing the OS version limitations)
    There is no more link to source-code of ver1.15~dev in any of my posts. I have replaced method of building from source code to "sudo apt-get install dump1090-mutability (for Buster) and download of pre-built package from github (Stretch).

I had kept Stretch for backward-compatibility, but I am now considering to remove it altogather as the Buster is here since last 2 years, and all new install use Buster.

To avoid confusion, I want to remove "1.15~dev" from the title of thread

Unfortunately I cannot edit the title of thread, otherwise I would have done it long ago.

As you are administrator, you can do it.
    Please remove 1.15~dev from the title of thread.

Current Title:
    How to Install dump1090-mutability_1.15~dev on RPi

Should be modified to:
    How to Install dump1090-mutability on RPi

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    The dump1090-mutability itself is not defunct.
    It's Debian fork is being maintained as EB_VER.
    It is only the version 1.15~dev which is defunct now.
    That's what I was referring to. People trying to use word for word copy/paste and finding the direct links throughout the forum to 1.15 sources not working and so on. (without also knowing the OS version limitations)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X