Two Entries in Statistics Listing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Entries in Statistics Listing?

Can anyone explain why I seem to have two entries in the stats listing?

Filtering to UK feeds, there's a T-EGPE3 currently at rank 687, with the username EGPE3. As my device is my own, a T prefix is what I'd expect, and this is also what is displayed when I click on the LogIn/Account tab on the main page. But there's also an F-EGPE3 with the user name "Anonymous" at rank 115. Is this some sort of strange "ghost" or just someone else entirely? I had thought that the "EGPE3" designator was unique to me, but do they re-use the same series of airport-related IDs for more than one type of user?

Originally posted by EGPE3 View Post
    Can anyone explain why I seem to have two entries in the stats listing?

Filtering to UK feeds, there's a T-EGPE3 currently at rank 687, with the username EGPE3. As my device is my own, a T prefix is what I'd expect, and this is also what is displayed when I click on the LogIn/Account tab on the main page. But there's also an F-EGPE3 with the user name "Anonymous" at rank 115. Is this some sort of strange "ghost" or just someone else entirely? I had thought that the "EGPE3" designator was unique to me, but do they re-use the same series of airport-related IDs for more than one type of user?
    G'day EGPE3

Good question- short answer, yes, FR24 do re-use airport designator numbers for 'T' and 'F' feeders.

By way of example, you may notice from the info below on my page that I used to have the designation 'YSSY2' which was from a time when there was no 'F' or 'T' types of feeders. I'm now 'T-YSSY4' as I was slow off the mark in getting a 'T' designation when they were introduced. What you shouldn't see and to my knowledge isn't an issue is two of any 'T' or 'F' feeders (duplicates). So there is (or was) a 'T-YSSY2' out there somewhere and a 'F-YSSY2' and a 'F-YSSY4' which can be a tad confusing but you get used to it once in the know.

No ghosts at FR24

Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2017-06-10, 06:57.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Thank you for clearing that up!

Comment

Working...
      X