Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feeding FLARM to FR24?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Feeding FLARM to FR24?

    Hi

    I want to get started doing this, but can't figure out whether it is possible to feed directly to FR24, or the feed is going to be to OGN, which then delivers to FR24?

    br Lars

  • #2
    The only way at the moment is to feed data to OGN, they then send the data of gliders, light aircraft and any other FLARM users to FR24, however they will ONLY send data for FLARM's that are registered in the OGN database and DON'T have the no-track bit set (there was a long argument over privacy laws from some German pilots as they have far stricter privacy laws there).
    The data from FLARM is in a different format to ADSB and has to be converted for display on FR24 or PlanePlotter.
    FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks.

      So i only have to setup my feed to OGN, without any kind of registration (i have a test setup running now that i can see in the OGN feeder list), and then my feeds are automatically shown on FR24?

      br Lars

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by larsras View Post
        Thanks.

        So i only have to setup my feed to OGN, without any kind of registration (i have a test setup running now that i can see in the OGN feeder list), and then my feeds are automatically shown on FR24?

        br Lars
        Yes that is basically correct, OGN handle the data feed to FR24, however as I pointed out only gliders that are registered in the OGN database will be passed, and then only if they don't have any privacy flags set.
        Also the feed seems to be quite flakey at times.
        I just looked at some of the ones close to me and whilst they show as gliders the type is not shown! On glidernet it shows the make and model (provided the owner has entered the details in the database), as the registration is shown then it should be possible for FR24 to lookup the details and display them.
        You will always see far more on live.glidernet or ktracks as they also show unregistered gliders with a randomly generated ID that are not passed to FR24
        Ben.

        Nb it is always nice if you add your station to the OGN station list along with photos of your setup, and register on the forum, there is lots of useful information there and most problems get sorted quickly.
        FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

        Comment


        • #5
          Hello,
          I pick up back this discussion to ask you why FLARM does't has track history here in FR24, despite these are well shown in OGN.

          Beside, I know why but it's a shame that in my area I found that about 80% of the FLARM traffic present in OGN network is not shown in FR24..

          Luca


          Originally posted by F-EGLF1 View Post
          Yes that is basically correct, OGN handle the data feed to FR24, however as I pointed out only gliders that are registered in the OGN database will be passed, and then only if they don't have any privacy flags set.
          Also the feed seems to be quite flakey at times.
          I just looked at some of the ones close to me and whilst they show as gliders the type is not shown! On glidernet it shows the make and model (provided the owner has entered the details in the database), as the registration is shown then it should be possible for FR24 to lookup the details and display them.
          You will always see far more on live.glidernet or ktracks as they also show unregistered gliders with a randomly generated ID that are not passed to FR24
          Ben.

          Nb it is always nice if you add your station to the OGN station list along with photos of your setup, and register on the forum, there is lots of useful information there and most problems get sorted quickly.
          Last edited by LucaAZB; 2018-08-17, 14:02.
          Luca IU0AZB, T-LIRZ13 (Giano OGN)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by LucaAZB View Post
            Hello,
            I pick up back this discussion to ask you why FLARM does't has track history here in FR24, despite these are well shown in OGN.

            Beside, I know why but it's a shame that in my area I found that about 80% of the FLARM traffic present in OGN network is not shown in FR24..

            Luca
            https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...l=1#post108593

            Different agreement it seems
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by LucaAZB View Post
              Hello,
              I pick up back this discussion to ask you why FLARM does't has track history here in FR24, despite these are well shown in OGN.

              Beside, I know why but it's a shame that in my area I found that about 80% of the FLARM traffic present in OGN network is not shown in FR24..

              Luca
              This is all down to a historical (and in my view now totally irrelevant) decision by OGN, back in the early days the data was referencing the Flarmnet database, ‘some’ German pilots objected to that data being used as there was no warning when they signed up that they could be tracked and identified, the more militant ones started to threaten legal action under German privacy laws, so a compromise was reached where the data would not be held for more than 24 hours (except for a poorly hidden and unencrypted database intended for search and rescue use, but publicly accessible to those who knew where to look!).
              However OGN now uses its own database and has robust no-track flags for those who are paranoid, so I cannot see why they still persist in treating Flarm data differently to every other tracking system.
              In my view this unnecessary 24hour limit should be dropped as there is no longer any reasoned argument for keeping it.
              Ben.
              FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

              Comment


              • #8
                FLARM data is provided by OGN and we show/process/save what we are alloved to according to the agreement we have with OGN.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  FLARM data is provided by OGN and we show/process/save what we are alloved to according to the agreement we have with OGN.
                  As is quite correct, however it is time OGN dropped this silly restriction and allowed the data to be treated like everything else. (And yes I am a glider pilot before anyone asks)
                  FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thank you for clarification,
                    from observer it's a strange restriction allow to have real time position but no track at least. To me not a big deal since few other platform fully use OGN data.

                    Hope in the future to see some step forward also for FR24
                    Luca
                    Luca IU0AZB, T-LIRZ13 (Giano OGN)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hey Folks,

                      can anyone tell how the database gets updatet. I changed the registration of an OGN Flarm ID months ago and itīs shown correctly on OGN, but on Flightradar the old registration is still used. Is there any possibility to change that?

                      Best regards
                      Jonas

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...craft-database

                        Be sure to use the formatting in 1st post.
                        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Thank you for your quick response!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X