Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with new setup

Hi,

I've got myself into a real pickle trying to re-install FR24 software after cleaning up my hard drives and accidentally deleting what was a working FR24 feed.

Firstly I re-downloaded the rtl1090 package and installed it. First problem, it looks nothing like the rtl1090 I had before. I then downloaded and installed the FR24feed software and installed it exactly as instructed, second problem, it too looks nothing like it used to (see attached image)Screenshot - fr24feed.jpg

My OS is Windows 10

How do I get myself out of this mess?

Cheers,

Wal

When you say as instructed. What instructions.

As most of them advise to avoid the use of RTL1090 due to its filtering, lower decode rates and other issues when working with FR24 uploader

In any case, you can't run both with the current setup. As explained in the more info page I did, both will require direct access to the USB stick (if thats what you chose)

I know I sound like I keep blowing my own horn, but there is some valid tips within it that have guided people along

Feel free to post/discuss suggestions here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...4840#post74840 (http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/9875-Info-Updates-Ammendments-Placeholder?p=74840#post74840) This guide is not to be taken as officially sourced support information. It is contributor-made Information has been repeated many
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks for the response Oblivian, it sure stirred up the mud.

Are you saying that I do not need to install rtl1090, that it's unnecessary, and that the FR24feed is all I need?

The instructions I followed were those included with the downloads, in the readme files included.

Cheers,

Wal

Comment

Im guessing not the FR24feed package.. as no readmes included.

Correct, do not need RTL1090.

While it is in that crashed state, Visit the http://localhost:8754 and adjust the configuration if not already to DVBT and save. Close RTL1090. Close FR24feed. Launch FR24feed on its own
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Ok, mud has settled and I can see clearly now.

I've completely eliminated rtl1090 and FR24feed is running like a well oiled machine, I still don't understand why it was working before I cocked it all up, O well, ces't la vie.

I'm going to try setting up using Raspberry Pi, now that should be fun.

cheers,

Wal

Comment

Originally posted by Wally3178 View Post
            Ok, mud has settled and I can see clearly now.

I've completely eliminated rtl1090 and FR24feed is running like a well oiled machine, I still don't understand why it was working before I cocked it all up, O well, ces't la vie.

I'm going to try setting up using Raspberry Pi, now that should be fun.

cheers,

Wal
            Most probably you had rtl1090 setup to decode and FR24 as AVR to get the decoded data and uploaded it.
            --

Comment

Working...
            X