Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to start feeding :) will any DVB-T USB device do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to start feeding :) will any DVB-T USB device do?

hey guys.

Been a long time user of flight user and i've decided to apply for a antenna

In the mean time.....

Going to buy a Rasp PI and also a DVB-T USB stick......

Will any one suffice?

Thanks again and looking forward to sharing the data

The DVB-T stick should have a R820T tuner for optimal performance for ADSB, which I believe is standard on most DVB-T sticks. Just ensure that the DVB-T stick does have a R820T tuner before purchasing.

Comment

I use a NooElec NESDR Mini USB RTL-SDR, DVB-T & ADS-B Receiver Set, (Previously TV28T v2), RTL2832U & R820T Tuner, MCX Input. Low-Cost Software Defined Radio Compatible with Many SDR Software Packages. R820T Tuner & ESD-Safe Antenna

Cost me under £20 very cheap so far I've tracked nearly 2000 air craft and only have been going less then a month. The tick is get your antenna high and away from buildings I changed the antenna abd position the antenna also sits on a 12f mast

The stick works really well.

Comment

New in this forum; very happy to be accepted ! Using a RTL.SDR but i would use my SDRplay; how to proceed with fr24feed ? Thank you for your help to a newbie. Rudi

Comment

Thanks guys..!

OK got me stick and have connected...

When running the windows set up I am asked to input long/lat etc.

So my lat is 54.9294 and my long is -1.587417

After following the prompts i just keep getting the following error...

13-04-2016 12-56-53.jpg

Comment

hey guys so looks like the password problem has been sorted out.....and can get past that stage now...... hit another problem where it just keeps saying "terminated" in the console......could I get a little bit of help please?

Thanks

14-04-2016 11-21-49.jpg

14-04-2016 11-51-10.jpg

hmmmm.....

Incorrect configuration set. Check for:
            - Conflicting software locking USB device to 'in-use'
            - Missing zadig driver installation step for windows (cannot read USB devices)
            - Error with additional commands causing Dump1090 to terminate
            - Existing instance of Dump1090 currently running
            Last edited by datastreem; 2016-04-14, 10:55.

Comment

Originally posted by datastreem View Post
              hey guys so looks like the password problem has been sorted out.....and can get past that stage now...... hit another problem where it just keeps saying "terminated" in the console......could I get a little bit of help please?

Thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7389[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7390[/ATTACH]

hmmmm.....

Incorrect configuration set. Check for:
              - Conflicting software locking USB device to 'in-use'
              - Missing zadig driver installation step for windows (cannot read USB devices)
              - Error with additional commands causing Dump1090 to terminate
              - Existing instance of Dump1090 currently running
              You'll note elsewhere in my guide what you SHOULD see during startup if the USB device is detected. I suspect my bolded bit is the cause.

Did you actually install the zadig pack? What we are seeing there is a sign of no USB device found.
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks for that.. that's what I've been reading.... I have installed the driver via zadig......and still the same output.....

Think I have the right driver for it...worth trying the others?

14-04-2016 12-05-03.jpg

Thanks again

Comment

Now that I can see the model. I don't think anythings going to help.

Believe that does not have a RTL283x or 802T chipset. Which means it is not capable of being tuned by open source software
                  Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

ah shucks....ok.....had bought it before there was a reply.....will order a new one with that chipset.....

Thanks for the help.

14-04-2016 12-19-15.jpg
                    Last edited by datastreem; 2016-04-14, 11:19.

Comment

Originally posted by datastreem View Post
                      ah shucks....ok.....had bought it before there was a reply.....will order a new one with that chipset.....

Thanks for the help.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7392[/ATTACH]
                      That one will work (i.e. the attachment that shows a nooelec sdr).

Anyone know what happened to the FlightAware 'Pro-Stick' with the pre-amp and SMA antenna connector?

http://discussions.flightaware.com/post191960.html

Edit: seen a lot of hype about this new ADS-B USB stick from FlightAware but haven't seen it for sale anywhere. They have this page on Amazon with 'unavailable'.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D1ZAP3C/

Edit: The reviews on Amazon look like possibly beta testers. Only 9 reviews and all 5 stars posted 3 days apart with the last one posted April 3rd.
                      Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-04-15, 07:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam26K View Post
                        That one will work (i.e. the attachment that shows a nooelec sdr).

Anyone know what happened to the FlightAware 'Pro-Stick' with the pre-amp and SMA antenna connector?

http://discussions.flightaware.com/post191960.html

Edit: seen a lot of hype about this new ADS-B USB stick from FlightAware but haven't seen it for sale anywhere. They have this page on Amazon with 'unavailable'.
                        The Pro Stick is so popular that they sold out almost immediately. Flight Aware says that they expect to have the Pro Sick back in stock sometime in mid-April.

Comment

hey guys....got my new device...how do i go about getting a new key ?

Can't reg again as it's saying there's a key all ready reg at that email address but when trying to use it then it says incorrect in the flight radar set up screen.

Thanks

Comment

woo hoo think it's working

Hi,
                            Thank you for connecting to Flightradar24! We are now receiving and processing live data from your receiver.

Comment

Glad it's working for you!

Besides the new Flightaware USB stick that seems to be hard to find for sale, there is also this new one from Kinetic that is much more awesome and is also quite elusive to find for sale yet .

http://www.kinetic.co.uk/Trilby.php

Edit: It looks like the new FA USB ADS-B stick is available on Amazon and currently showing on sale in the USA.
                              I'm still skeptical though as there is only 12 reviews all 5 stars. There are almost 11,000 feeders on FR24 alone, you would think that there would be more reviews than 12 if they were actually shipping to the public. Also, it's only showing 9 available. I wonder how easy it is to get a refund if they don't ship.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D1ZAP3C/

FA_USB_SDR1.jpg
                              Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-04-28, 07:32.

Comment

Working...
                              X