No announcement yet.

NEW JUST OUT FLIGHTAWARE DONGLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No kidding though, I am now concerned about my dump1090-mutability clone over this https versus http link difference. Would like to know what is going on there. As far as I can tell it is working well and the only concern is the http vs https link.
    Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-07-20, 05:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam26K View Post
      ......... As far as I can tell it is working well........
      If dump1090-mutability has installed successfully, the map on page http://<Local IP address of RPI>/dump1090/gmap.html should NOT be Google Map. It should be Open Street Map. Which map you see now?

The dump1090-mutability, which used to display Google Map, has been modified about two weeks ago, and installations made after that date show Open Street Map. Just look at bottom Right corner of the map where this information is displayed.

Current: Open Street Map
      New Face of Dump1090-mutability.png

Previous: Google Map
      dump1090-mutability 1.15~dev.png
      Last edited by abcd567; 2016-07-20, 16:36.

Comment

Hi abcd567,

Well that's interesting. Have not tried that since replacing dump1090 and now I do get an 'open street maps' map but there is no dump1090 data and has the message:

"Problem fetching data from dump1090.
        AJAX call failed (error: Not Found). Maybe dump1090 is no longer running?
        The displayed map data will be out of date."

VRS is working fine (edit: on my remote networked PC) using port 30005 for the 'receiver' and it uses 30002 to display a Google map (ie 'http://127.0.0.1:30002/VirtualRadar/desktop.html#'). FR24 and FA feeders are both shown as active and receiving data from the RPi. MLAT data is on port 30106 as mandated to avoid cross feeding unwanted MLAT data.

How do I fix this dump1090 map problem and check which dump1090 I have installed? TIA

Edit: Anyone else who could help with this problem, other comments are welcome. Thanks!

Edit2: This is a screen shot of current dump1090 map:

dump1090Map1.jpg
        Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-07-21, 08:16.

Comment

The issue with dump1090 is getting off topic but is important to me to resolve eventually .

In summary, I am extremely satisfied with the new FlightAware ADS-B USB stick with 1090 filter. It increased my range by at least 25 miles and increased the number of positions reported from around 50K to 80K average per day.

Comment

@Sam26K

It seems it is due to
            (1) Left over files from old installation of dump1090.

(2) The librtlsdr files installed by FR24 were not removed.

I have updated the step 1-B. This update includes

1) Removal of librtlsdr files installed by BOTH the piaware AND fr24 feeder.

2) Purging of remaining files of dump1090, which are not removed by dpkg -r command only.

You should first remove & purge dump1090 & dump1090-mutability. The removal and purging commands are:

Code:
            sudo dpkg -r dump1090
            sudo dpkg --purge dump1090
            and

Code:
            #as you have already installed dump1090-mutability.
            sudo dpkg -r dump1090-mutability 
            sudo dpkg --purge dump1090-mutability
            You will then have to repeat the whole procedure starting from Step 1, including Step 1(B), upto last step, to get over this problem.
            Last edited by abcd567; 2016-07-22, 03:49.

Comment

FR24 feeder includes dump1090 installation, if already not there. It also installs librtlsdr files.

Piaware add-on also installs its own librtlsdr files, but at a different location than where FR24 has installed.

All these create conflict with dump1090-mutability installation, & need removal & purging.

The best, trouble free sequence of installation is
              First: Raspbian Jessie
              Next: Dump1090-mutability
              Last: Data feeders

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                FR24 feeder includes dump1090 installation, if already not there. It also installs librtlsdr files.

Piaware add-on also installs its own librtlsdr files, but at a different location than where FR24 has installed.

All these create conflict with dump1090-mutability installation, & need removal & purging.

The best, trouble free sequence of installation is
                First: Raspbian Jessie
                Next: Dump1090-mutability
                Last: Data feeders
                Ok, thanks for the update. I followed your tutorial thread through page 3 and the last post was a complete re-install of the SD card to fix another poster's similar problem with map display, not the most encouraging post. .

Curious thing in my instance is that librtlsdr* files fills a couple of pages, not just the 4 to 8 instances shown in your post 1 tutorial.
                I executed the commands to remove the ones you specified but I still have a bunch of instances of that file name in /var/lib.., /hom/pi...,user/lib/arm-linux... etc etc.

Do I need to manually uninstall or remove all of those too?

The amazing thing to me is that everything seems to be working with the feeders. The only thing that doesn't work is the dump1090 map. the 8080 map does work and everything including VRS, fr24feed and piaware mlat works fine.

I still don't know which dump1090 is running for what service. Is there anyway to determine that?

Thanks again for all your patience.

Comment

Here is the list of librtlsdr* files I still have after following your removal instructions:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo find / -name librtlsdr*
                  /var/lib/dpkg/info/librtlsdr-dev.md5sums
                  /var/lib/dpkg/info/librtlsdr0:armhf.preinst
                  /var/lib/dpkg/info/librtlsdr0:armhf.shlibs
                  /var/lib/dpkg/info/librtlsdr0:armhf.conffiles
                  /var/lib/dpkg/info/librtlsdr0:armhf.postrm
                  /var/lib/dpkg/info/librtlsdr0:armhf.md5sums
                  /var/lib/dpkg/info/librtlsdr-dev.list
                  /var/lib/dpkg/info/librtlsdr0:armhf.list
                  /var/lib/dpkg/info/librtlsdr0:armhf.postinst
                  /var/cache/apt/archives/librtlsdr-dev_0.5.3-3_armhf.deb
                  /var/cache/apt/archives/librtlsdr0_0.5.3-3_armhf.deb
                  /home/pi/rtl-sdr/src/librtlsdr.c
                  /home/pi/rtl-sdr/build/src/librtlsdr.so
                  /home/pi/rtl-sdr/build/src/CMakeFiles/rtlsdr_static.dir/librtlsdr.c.o
                  /home/pi/rtl-sdr/build/src/CMakeFiles/rtlsdr_shared.dir/librtlsdr.c.o
                  /home/pi/rtl-sdr/build/src/librtlsdr.a
                  /home/pi/rtl-sdr/build/src/librtlsdr.so.0.5git
                  /home/pi/rtl-sdr/build/src/librtlsdr.so.0
                  /home/pi/rtl-sdr/build/librtlsdr.pc
                  /home/pi/rtl-sdr/librtlsdr.pc.in
                  /usr/local/lib/librtlsdr.so
                  /usr/local/lib/librtlsdr.a
                  /usr/local/lib/librtlsdr.so.0.5git
                  /usr/local/lib/librtlsdr.so.0
                  /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/librtlsdr.pc
                  /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/librtlsdr.so
                  /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/librtlsdr.a
                  /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/librtlsdr.so.0.5.3
                  /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/librtlsdr.so.0
                  /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/pkgconfig/librtlsdr.pc
                  /usr/share/doc/librtlsdr0
                  /usr/share/doc/librtlsdr-dev

Thanks Again.

Comment

Moved post to page 3 of this thread:
                    abcd567_Tutorial

Comment

Originally posted by dudesjp View Post
                      @majo, yes! The only way is if the seller send as gift, declare a very low price and the federal employee in the day that your package arrive it is in a good humor and releases the product without taxes! But since March, everyone I know who bought out of Brazil are being taxed, no matter the price declared! A friend of mine bought in AliExpress a US$11,00 arcade joystick and it was taxed in US$15,00...
                      Brazilian customs are a pain in the neck. They charge importation duties at will and they also charge over the shipping and handling value. One can buy the same thing twice in a row and the importation fees will be different, for sure.

@dudesjp why don't you build a quarter-wavelength ground plane antenna ? You can build one with a single BNC or N female connector and a few aluminum/copper rods. I used copper with heat shrink applied so the copper wouldn't get rusty. You can even use rigid 2.5 or 4 mm2 wire - those used on wall wiring in Brazil. PM me if you need any help.

Cheers all,

Ricardo
                      F-SBFI2
                      Brazil

Comment

I have a raspberrypi3 and a flight aware dongle and I feed successfully to flight radar.
                        Is it possible to install a second flight aware dongle in the raspberry and feed to flarm via OGM as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Lancair390 View Post
                          I have a raspberrypi3 and a flight aware dongle and I feed successfully to flight radar.
                          Is it possible to install a second flight aware dongle in the raspberry and feed to flarm via OGM as well?
                          Good question but did you mean OGN Receiver? Be careful overloading the power supply with 2 flightaware dongles. If these are different frequencies and different antenna specs, you're better off using two different Rpi's since they are so cheap. But if you are confident that there is no power issues it should not be a problem to run two flightaware dongles on a single Rpi.
                          Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-10-03, 07:23.

Comment

Working...
                          X