Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry PI Feeder Setting

Hello

I've just started using a Raspberry PI and a DVBT usb dongle.

I noticed that checking the FR24 Feeder setting in my Raspberry PI using (MYIP)8754/settings.html is was showing that the Receiver was set to "AVR (TCP)" but when I changed this to "DVBT stick" my account page under Flightradar24 shows as offline. Switching the FR24 Feeder setting back to AVR (TCP) brings it back on line again.

What setting should I have the feeder on for best performance, if it needs to be set to "DVBT stick" setting what should i do to overcome my Flightradar24 shows as offline.

Thanks for your help.

Hi neilt,
    Show /etc/fr24feed.ini on your RPi.

Comment

That is a sign of dump1090 already running. Leave it. Installed piaware before by chance

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks for the replays but I really don't understand what they mean.

Show /etc/fr24feed.ini on your RPi
        are you suggesting I type that in and will that resolve the issue, or are you asking for me to tell you want it shows etc

That is a sign of dump1090 already running. Leave it. Installed piaware before by chance
        so is AVR (TCP) the right setting, why is there a DVBT stick setting is that for something different.

Thanks for your help
        Neil

Comment

Hes suggesting you show your current configuration.

DVBT is for if you are sure there is exclusive access to the stick. If it works on AVRTCP that means there is likely already something doing the decoding - 3 scenarios
          either fr24feed crashed and left dump1090 running in the background - a reboot will usually fix.
          Dump1090 was manually installed at some other time
          Piaware (also includes dump1090) was installed first

I did a 3 part install, I installed a variant of dump1090 on its own. That opens first regardless of state. Then FR24feed uses avrtcp to connect to that.

In a normal dvbt setting in fr24feed this happens at once when you launch one. What you describes is it is not able to.

The way to be sure is running some commands such as
          sudo service fr24feed stop
          sudo fr24feed start - and monitoring the output (when changed to DVBT)

sudo service dump1090 status (I think thats it) if fr24feed is not running will also see if that part still is

Have a poke through this..
          http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...-FAQs-and-Info
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
          X