No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 on RaspberryPi but missing fr24feed.ini but working OK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now where have I seen a thread just like that last week....

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I will take the advice (as I should have done earlier) and start with a fresh install but without using the palmerit script. I have never been sure if the correct method is to install piaware and then fr24 as if they are two separate applications without any kind of modification to have each work properly on the one RPI.

For the record:

Raspberry Pi Model B+
      NooElec NESDR Mini+ Al - 0.5PPM TCXO USB RTL-SDR Receiver (RTL2832 + R820T)
      and to the best of my knowledge, Debian 3.18.11

If the RPI is being stubborn reconnecting to wifi, I will connect a monitor, keyboard and mouse, otherwise PuTTY or recently TightVNC to browse files.

Thanks.

Comment

Without being familiar with said script, it may do a 3 part install. Which is fine if you intend on running both network uploaders. And a good approach.

When you install PiAware first, it installs Dump1090. When you run the FR24feed install (separately) afterward and complete the questionaire it searches for a running copy and will change it to avrtcp instead.

Im assuming this script passed you to the fr24feed setup with various questions regarding your location etc to set it up? If not, then who knows what its doing or where it saves the default config files or normal scripted commands for it.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Wow. Yet more hate in that thread about us being 'unfriendly'. At least someone said we try and bend over backwards to help them.

Comment

Agree with Oblivian. Summary:
            Start over with fresh install.
            Install piAware first and then FR24 feed second.

The FR24 install handles the piAware install. I don't know what would happen if you installed piAware after installing FR24 but it could be a problem .

BTW, not sure I should ask but what thread is hateful? Life of a moderator .

Comment

Originally posted by Sam26K View Post
              BTW, not sure I should ask but what thread is hateful? Life of a moderator .
              Pick one, you'll find I'm (presumably me... being most active has its downside) a bad dude in lots.

But this one is the script hes used. http://discussions.flightaware.com/a...re-t19956.html

Way I see it, if I didn't try and help/post. It'd be tumbleweed quiet most the time and very 1 sided.

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post

Way I see it, if I didn't try and help/post. It'd be tumbleweed quiet most the time and very 1 sided.
                Could not agree more. Thanks for your support Oblivian .

That piAware thread is pre FR24 improvements. I don't really trust piAware on the same pi with my FR24 feed yet. But if piAware is installed before FR24 it is said to work well .
                Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-04-06, 06:31. Reason: typos

Comment

Not getting "hateful" from me, very grateful that people take time out of their personal lives to help people such as myself who I am sure, can be somewhat frustrating!

I will do as suggested and report the outcome so a to close this off.

Regards.

Comment

**Update**

I installed the latest version of piaware, confirmed it was working, downloaded the latest FlightRadar24 build for the Raspberry Pi and installed and accepted the option to have fr24 set up the configuration to work along with piaware. Had to restart fr24 a couple times and had to reboot the RPI, waited 10-15 mins and bingo, data stated to flow.

And.... fr24feed.ini is there although the look is now different but I recall reading something somewhere that this is how it is with the newest version.

Thanks you again.

Regards.

Comment

Great it's working for you, Paul. I might try that piAware thing myself someday

Comment

Working...
                      X