Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oblivian
    replied
    It doesn't clear up the point to point flow in trying to confirm in my guide. If my guide is wrong, I want a working one to confirm. Especially as the setup webpage built in does not mention the 20072 anywhere other than during startup

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ukjay
    replied
    Sorry only just saw your reply Obliv.
    my latest post should explain things a bit more clearly - thanks

Leave a comment:

• ukjay
    replied
    After exhaustive tests etc. with the Pi feed - I decided to run the win7 version & after downloading & installing the file Everything worked splendidly!
    A very easy & simple procedure & nice to use on my win7 machine it even sent the data on port 20072 to my basestation running on my old XP machine!
    But as I want to runthe feed 24/7 I still wanted it working on my RaspberryPi !
    This morning I removed the upgrade version of fr24feed & re-installed the old package fr24feed_1.0.7-1
    It is now WORKING on my Pi again !
    RESULT

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    The archived version of the old one you ran will still be on the Pi, but it needs a few commands to get it back - however would be nice to get a working config to confirm my guides.

We would need to confirm with Vinnysp what codebase for the SBS setup has changed, it may be they are now required to not touch proprietary data format the SBSs produce directly.

So can you outline the setup and IPs/ports used now for us as it stands now for some clarity..
    I realise its on windows, but it may help us as in theory its cross platform

(BTW linux shouldnt require drivers for the SBS, its simply a USB based com port, which should work fine as long as you tell it to use the right details in FR24feed config file)

SBS->(USB)->PC1 - running basestation
    PC2 (FR24feed) -> basestation 20072

at present?

Or all on the same PC as
    SBS - USB -> Basestation -> Fr24feed
    or
    SBS - USB - FR24feed -> basestation (20072)

Leave a comment:

• ukjay
    replied
    oh btw thw win7 sends the data to my old pc n/p on port 20072 to the basestation

Leave a comment:

• ukjay
    replied
    all works ok with fr24feed on my win7 pc
    but i really need to get my raspberry Pi doing it instead
    I reckon it a driver issue ?

Leave a comment:

• ukjay
    replied
    UPDATE
    Still fiddling around with settings but still no luck!
    I have now used the fr24feed for my win7 PC & after windows downloaded the beavis drivers it is working FB !
    This makes me think that my RaspberryPi feeder needs something similar to work?
    If I can find a way to revert back to the version I had before, I may do that, but I was advised to update my Pi system before updating the feeder, that took ages so not sure???
    I do want to use the Pi instead of my PC, but thin win7 is always on where as my old XP machine is now only used when required - that was the machine I mainly used with basestation
    and the sbs client s/w before getting a Pi & the fr24feed s/w
    as I said I'm 67 so please bare with me haha

Leave a comment:

• ukjay
    replied
    Thanks for your replies
    I have connected my SBS1 to my old pc with basestation on it & also my orig feed (sbs1client) I do remember this giving me two choices of Beavis & choosing B instead of A
    seemed to cure earlier probs when using this arrangement!
    But I have been using raspberryPi connected to my SBS1 for quite some time with no problem until I now have tried to update fr24feed to the latest version.
    Here is the problem shown in a screenshot .....error.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Sam26K
    replied
    Originally posted by ukjay View Post
    Seems like I should have left things as they were
    I have the new version running apart from authentication on sbsx usb (no receiver connect)
    Not solved this yet - seem to remember something about running basestation s/w to solve it, but hope some kind soul has had similar problems & can save me time with some help?
    Sorry for your troubles, Jay. What model receiver and Rpi do you have? I'm not experienced with SBS but installing the base station software on the RPi to get it to work stand alone makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Originally posted by ukjay View Post
    I have the new version running apart from authentication on sbsx usb (no receiver connect)
    Not solved this yet - seem to remember something about running basestation s/w to solve it, but hope some kind soul has had similar problems & can save me time with some help?
    Ah. SBS. Thats a different kettle of fish lol

You could look at my theoretical setups and test for me. I don't have one to confirm but reading some docs indicates it should work

Feel free to post/discuss suggestions here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...4840#post74840 (http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/9875-Info-Updates-Ammendments-Placeholder?p=74840#post74840) This guide is not to be taken as officially sourced support information. It is contributor-made Information has been repeated many

Leave a comment:

• ukjay
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    Well, we think that's the go. Theres never a change log. And later versions auto update

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ukjay
    replied
    Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    No changes, just fixes to bugs and optimising data packet size. For a while mid versions had MLAT disabled and format modified. Now enabled again
    Thanks for that

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    No changes, just fixes to bugs and optimising data packet size. For a while mid versions had MLAT disabled and format modified. Now enabled again

Leave a comment:

• ukjay
    replied
    Ok Sam thanks for your reply - I still would like to know what changes have been made with the versions though!

Jay

Leave a comment:

Working...
X