• Show
Clear All

Sorry only just saw your reply Obliv.
    my latest post should explain things a bit more clearly - thanks
    James Lazzari BSc (Hons)
    T-EGCC125
    http://www.ukjay.co.uk

Comment

It doesn't clear up the point to point flow in trying to confirm in my guide. If my guide is wrong, I want a working one to confirm. Especially as the setup webpage built in does not mention the 20072 anywhere other than during startup

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
        It doesn't clear up the point to point flow in trying to confirm in my guide. If my guide is wrong, I want a working one to confirm. Especially as the setup webpage built in does not mention the 20072 anywhere other than during startup

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
        I will run basestation on my old xp machine again tomorrow & see if it works with port 20072 again now i have got the pi happy & report back
        as you say there is no mention about this port / the ini file so it will be interesting to see the result ......
        James Lazzari BSc (Hons)
        T-EGCC125

Comment

Fired up the basestation on my old XP machine but no luck connecting with port 20072 this time
          Wait - I had still got my win7 ip address in there - changed that but still no luck after dabbling with the ini file on my rPi
          I have a feeling that the old version of feed24 doesn't do port 20072 - the win7 feed24 s/w did work ok without me having to teach it anything in the ini file
          which I have compared but I dont even think that mpx="yes" on my rPi ini file would sort it, but I'm just happy to have my rPi feeding data again
          Still I'm not so rusty with a bit of rPI coding now after all that lot !!!
          James Lazzari BSc (Hons)
          T-EGCC125

Comment

Not as scary as they seem huh.

So, If I get this right. Want to use a SBS owner as a guineepig to get my head around how the app functions

You have:
            SBS1?
            Connected via USB?
            FR24feed on W7 PC previously?
            Do not run basestation at present?

Now on Rpi (older fr24feed version)?

Can you do a screenshot of the web config page or paste your config/ini file from both platforms

And also the output when you start it. As --mpx should to same as me here (despite the description saying 10001)..

2016-03-31 19:35:38 | [basestation][i]Creating server socket
            2016-03-31 19:35:38 | [reader][i][0]Connecting to SBS1 receiver on 192.168.1.170:10000
            2016-03-31 19:35:38 | [basestation][i]Starting server on port 20072
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Not as scary as they seem huh.

So, If I get this right. Want to use a SBS owner as a guineepig to get my head around how the app functions

You have:
              SBS1?
              Connected via USB?
              FR24feed on W7 PC previously?
              Do not run basestation at present?

Now on Rpi (older fr24feed version)?

Can you do a screenshot of the web config page or paste your config/ini file from both platforms

And also the output when you start it. As --mpx should to same as me here (despite the description saying 10001)..
              The setup at the moment is feed24 running on rPI
              remote desktop link to the rPI on my win7 machine which I also had the latest win version of feed24 working fine & feeding data to my basestation which runs on old XP via network
              on the working win7 feed24 i didnt need to enter Host IP in fact I'm not sure about what that's for & even though I tried various port to try & get my rPI to link to XP it failed
              I'm not that bothered as I use flightradar on my win7 machine & on my android tablet
              not sure what the bs= does in the ini file either, but even a "yes" does sweet nothing
              I even go into rPI to stop & start the service just to be sure rather than relying on the win7 link settings.html
              I'll try & send you screenshots later - thanks
              James Lazzari BSc (Hons)
              T-EGCC125

Comment

BS = basestation type format out. Opens port 30003 But needs real data to convert and doesnt work on all receiver types.

If you chose most USB type units, the host fields are ignored. Only there for ethernet type connections.

Comment

thanks for that
                  just tried various ports on bs but still no luck but chrome on same machine (old XP) gets the 30003 data OK
                  I reckon bs needs port 20072 which i suspect my old fr24feed version doesn't want to play .....
                  James Lazzari BSc (Hons)
                  T-EGCC125

Comment

Tiz why I wanna see your config and startup logs

Comment

screenconfig1.jpg

ini & log
                      James Lazzari BSc (Hons)
                      T-EGCC125

Comment

Tiz why I wanna see your config and startup logs
                        ive posted them in this thread
                        James Lazzari BSc (Hons)
                        T-EGCC125

Comment

OK, if you don't run something like VRS or anything else downstream you can turn off the BS and RAW flags. I can see both those starting (30003 and 30334 servers opening)

And I note its missing MPX=yes.

Also doesn't look to be opening the web config page, which is odd. Unless its sooooo old it wasn't included.

So you don't currently open basestation suite at the same time I take it? And if you do, whats that currently configured for.

Comment

whats VRS?
                            I think ive done the mpx=yes bit with no luck but will check again
                            I have only opened bs on my old xp just to see if i can get it to work as this is my only problem now????
                            The main problem is that it's a shame the info for what each version does is not available.
                            I know this must take some work but I would have thought it a basic procedure in coding?
                            or is it just my age :-)
                            James Lazzari BSc (Hons)
                            T-EGCC125

Comment

That current setup only allows exclusive USB access, and theres no output to tap into for anything else. Unless the MPX switch works properly

(VRS is virtualradar server... allows a graphical view of your own area - check my guide thread for a link to how to set it up)

However. From my reading, if you connect receiver via USB into a windows machine, and run basestation suite that also opens 30006 in the background. Which repeats the proprietry SBS signal - but unencrypted! To which FR24feed could be configured for SBS ethernet - with the windows machine running BS as the source, and port of 30006

But yet to be proven. And would also require fulltime windows box up too.

I got a feeling I saw something about the change in data type for SBSs from one of the devs. going to check now

Comment

Infact, This may suit more. But its more commandlines to use and getting your head around ports going in and out (flow of data)
                                Hi folks I am running a Rasperberry Pi with Debain wheezy. I REALLY would LOVE to feed the data to my Basestation software as well. If anyone has done this, I would appreciate your method. I can feed data to Basestation from ADBS# on Windows but am having serious difficulty feeding from DUmp1090 direct Basesation Help

Comment

Working...
                                X