Operating in very remote location - power supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operating in very remote location - power supply

I am operating a FR24 box in a very remote location. I have successfully had the feed running. We are on generator power. Every time the power is interrupted, the feed goes offline. There is also a large delay before it shows online again, so difficult to assess which startup procedure is optimal.

Can anyone tell me the best sequence for re-starting:
    a. Get the power back on, confirm the lights are all functioning correctly, then connect the Ethernet cable? or
    b. Connect the Ethernet cable to the router, then apply power to the unit?

(or c. it doesn't matter which way you do it!)

Thanks in advance

On which hardware/software are you operating your feeder?

Maybe your delay comes from the router?

The best way on a Raspi is to power it with a powerbank, so when the router returns, you just can start over.
    I am running it on an old netbook. I has enough battery to run an hour without power.

Comment

Originally posted by Hennster View Post
      I am operating a FR24 box in a very remote location. I have successfully had the feed running. We are on generator power. Every time the power is interrupted, the feed goes offline. There is also a large delay before it shows online again, so difficult to assess which startup procedure is optimal.

Can anyone tell me the best sequence for re-starting:
      a. Get the power back on, confirm the lights are all functioning correctly, then connect the Ethernet cable? or
      b. Connect the Ethernet cable to the router, then apply power to the unit?

(or c. it doesn't matter which way you do it!)

Thanks in advance

It shouldn't really matter.. not even sure what to recommend

Comment

Working...
      X