• Show
Clear All

• equi
    replied
    The FA range looks almost the same like your FR24 range Antonov

Leave a comment:

• Amper
    replied
    in your browser go to ip of your rpi and port 8754. something like this http://192.168.1.5:8754/index.html

Leave a comment:

• Sam26K
    replied
    Originally posted by antonov_124 View Post

FR24 Link: Connected via UDP
    FR24 Radar Code: T-EDDC51
    Receiver: avr-tcp, Connected
    MLAT running: YES

greetings Rainer
    What does "MLAT running" mean and where did you get that stat?
    I don't see that on any of my FR24 stats.

Leave a comment:

• Sam26K
    replied
    Not sure what you did, but http://jollain.com/FR24/stats.php currently shows your range at 180 max and 55 average nautical miles.

You're current rank is #7 out of 28 active feeders with the same airport ID, so it looks like you're doing really well. The only thing with all those feeders installed, I would recommend to update your Pi to the latest FR24 Pi beta to make sure you're not leaking MLAT data from other feeds to FR24.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• John-h
    replied
    Hi,
    Your dump1090 can receive Mode-S signal up to 238Km far from your antenna. However, fr24feed reject data from your received signal.
    I guess it becomes reason of data accuracy for FR24. FR24feed should reject non-continuous position data like as one shot position data from far end of receiver range.
    Based on my estimation, to accept position report data by FR24, position data is required to continues 20 seconds of duration average.
    one-shot or few times of position data set for one-aircraft should rejected by fr24feed or fr24 server center.

Leave a comment:

• antonov_124
    replied
    Originally posted by equi View Post
    I know, I visited Dresden when F-HPJB departed Dresden (scroll a bit down https://www.flickr.com/photos/78265740@N07/)

And what is your range in FA ? The statics page doesn't work for me some reason (no range statics are displayed :/ )

Statistics for sites feeding ADS-B flight tracking data to FlightAware. Sites, users, countries, regions, and teams are ranked by the number of aircraft reported.

dump1090-localhost-range_metric-24h.png
    range.JPG
    Last edited by antonov_124; 2016-02-24, 21:26. Reason: picture

Leave a comment:

• equi
    replied
    I know, I visited Dresden when F-HPJB departed Dresden (scroll a bit down https://www.flickr.com/photos/78265740@N07/)

And what is your range in FA ? The statics page doesn't work for me some reason (no range statics are displayed :/ )

Leave a comment:

• Amper
    replied
    Originally posted by Khan View Post

Also some data could get filtered out during early signal processing stage, especially for dvb-t sticks. So it is possible for some data to get filtered out.
    Incomplete data is rejected by FR24 as Khan said. Your antenna is not in good position and i think that is why you get that range on FR24

Leave a comment:

• antonov_124
    replied
    No ground traffic. because the airport is situated above the valley
    an Amp? mhh mayby

no not my house no chance to go to the roof
    my dump0190 output says 264km reichweite von daher
    ups mixed language ^^

Leave a comment:

• equi
    replied
    Hm, so maybe 4-5m above the street ? Maybe you won't get more, esp. here @ FR24. I noticed that "issue" too when I started feeding back in July 2014. With some old builds (the pre-deb builds) I had with the supplied DVB-T Antenna ~120-130nm, after they cutted the old builds I had to upgrade to a new one. In this build (I don't remember which version it was) my range dropped to 70 or 80nm which annoyed me :/ Do you receive EDDC ground Traffice ? Sometimes it lacks and you only see aircrafts already airborne.

Maybe you can install the Antenna on the roof of your house (depends if its your own or if you rented it). If you can install it on the roof, I would suggest an amp for you

Leave a comment:

• antonov_124
    replied
    Originally posted by equi View Post
    Good Range, if you keep in mind that Dresden is the "Tal der Ahnungslosen"

Rainer, what is your Installation ? In which height is your antenna installed ? Is it the one which is supplied with your DVB-T Stick (and which one is it?) ?

I bought this nice antenna,

At the moment I have ~160nm (mostly direction "goldener" west(en) due to buildings).

Gruß
    First german:
    eh werd nicht frech ^^

1 Etage Antenne ist so ähnlich wie die in deinem link nur kürzer auf Fensterbank, links einstellen darf ich noch nicht hier ;( Dach geht leider nicht.
    PS hab mal deine Signatur geklaut ^^

English:
    some friendly greetings to equi ^^

my antenna is an 5/8 Slovakien adsb antenna : ebay: 291675696702

the antenna is in the 1 floor above the street on the window sill
    view direction street up north and street down south.

greetings Rainer
    Last edited by antonov_124; 2016-02-24, 18:59. Reason: ;o)

Leave a comment:

• equi
    replied
    Good Range, if you keep in mind that Dresden is the "Tal der Ahnungslosen"

Rainer, what is your Installation ? In which height is your antenna installed ? Is it the one which is supplied with your DVB-T Stick (and which one is it?) ?

I bought this nice antenna, http://www.ebay.de/itm/291634505173?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

At the moment I have ~160nm (mostly direction "goldener" west(en) due to buildings).

Gruß

Leave a comment:

• antonov_124
    replied
    You're welcome

Maximum distance: 111nm
    Current upload rate: 0 KB/s
    First seen online: 2015-11-11 17:03:54
    All dates and times are UTC

111nm ;/

Leave a comment:

• Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by antonov_124 View Post
    Ah ok , thx for this info
    You're welcome

Leave a comment:

• antonov_124
    replied
    Flightradar24 shows distance in nm so I think you made a small mistake there with 112mi.

Also some data could get filtered out during early signal processing stage, especially for dvb-t sticks. So it is possible for some data to get filtered out.

Ah ok , thx for this info

Leave a comment:

Working...
X