FEEDER CONNECTION GOES OFFLINE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FEEDER CONNECTION GOES OFFLINE

What causes my connection to Flightradar24 Premium to go offline by itself after being online for hours? I leave my raspberry pi and ISP router on 24/7. The only way I can get back online is to turn my raspberry pi off and then turn it back on. Is there anyway to correct this or is it normal for it to do this?

No it's not normal. Are you sure your pi is actually loosing connection? If you logon to FR24 premium with your browser, it will auto log you off after awhile but should not be disconnecting your pi feeder.

If you look at your stats page does it say your feeder is online or offline?

Comment

There was a problem recently with the auto update of the FR24 software on the pi. Look back about a month in this forum.

It was a permission problem on the auto update script. It was fixed by the most recent update. You can run the update script manually with sudo to override the permission problem.

The pi would stop each morning at 7:00 am when it attempted to update itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam26K View Post
        No it's not normal. Are you sure your pi is actually loosing connection? If you logon to FR24 premium with your browser, it will auto log you off after awhile but should not be disconnecting your pi feeder.

If you look at your stats page does it say your feeder is online or offline?
        Yes Sam26K, when I look at my stats page it says my feeder is offline, that is when I turn my pi off and on again to get back online.

Comment

Originally posted by stanno View Post
          There was a problem recently with the auto update of the FR24 software on the pi. Look back about a month in this forum.

It was a permission problem on the auto update script. It was fixed by the most recent update. You can run the update script manually with sudo to override the permission problem.

Thanks stanno for your reply, but I was unable to find the update you suggested I try.

Comment

Originally posted by garyirv View Post
            Yes Sam26K, when I look at my stats page it says my feeder is offline, that is when I turn my pi off and on again to get back online.
            My suggestion is to re-install fr24feed on your Rpi. As long as your Rpi has a solid connection to the internet, it should never disconnect from FR24.

All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.

Comment

Originally posted by stanno View Post

Surprised to hear about that bug but I would think a lot more people would be complaining about it if it was common a month ago.

Comment

They did. Like an entire thread..

All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
                X