Yet Another Feed for KPTK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet Another Feed for KPTK?

I notice that there are already several seemingly good feeds for the KPTK area. Two certainly 'better' than mine based on max & avg ranges.

Should I even bother feeding?

Yes. Overlapping feeds and redundancy have been an objective for a long time. Feeds go down, internet goes down, feeders come and go, etc, etc.
    F-KDAG1

Comment

Originally posted by Xz0Fv3n$*$l#Qo4z View Post
      I notice that there are already several seemingly good feeds for the KPTK area. Two certainly 'better' than mine based on max & avg ranges.

Every honest feeder enhances FR24 . Don't hesitate to contribute.

Comment

Originally posted by Xz0Fv3n$*$l#Qo4z View Post

As Patrick mentioned that redundancy has been an objective but also MLAT. As you know MLAT requires at least 4 receivers to track an aircraft so having just a couple of receivers in an area is not enough.
        --

Comment

Regarding the MLAT issue. It's important that feeders do not leak MLAT data derived from other sources outside of FR24 to the fr24feed.
          That is extremely detrimental to the quality of the data that is rebroadcast on the fr24 servers.

Just make sure your feeder is not echoing MLAT data from other sources, especially from FlighAware's "piaware".
          As long as you're not leaking MLAT data from other sources, you will be contributing valuable data.

Comment

Working...
          X