Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam26K
    replied
    Too bad this has not happened yet. MLAT would work much better if the user's feeder coordinates were from a GPS chip instead of user input, I know a lot of people's feeds have their exact coordinates wrong when I see planes zipping around erratically.
    Last edited by Sam26K; 2019-02-02, 22:02.

Leave a comment:

• wiedehopf
    replied
    Originally posted by r_inzerillo View Post
    I'm thinking of me occasionally crossing the Medirranean Sea on a ferry with a Pi24 kit on board.
    Just turn off MLAT. For the ADS-B positions it doesn't really matter where the receiver is.

Leave a comment:

• r_inzerillo
    replied
    Anybody knows if this configuration (a moving FR24 feeder) has been made possible without polluting FR24's database with inconsistent users' position data?

I'm thinking of me occasionally crossing the Medirranean Sea on a ferry with a Pi24 kit on board.

Leave a comment:

• Sam26K
    replied
    It would be nice to link that to a gps receiver local to the feeder for more accurate feeder location for MLAT calcs too .

Leave a comment:

• Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam26K View Post
    Ok, thanks reply. I was hoping it was stored in the fr24feed config files. Would be a "nice to have" if possible.
    eg: a moving receiver with dynamic coordinates as on a ship at sea.
    Yeah that's actually good idea to have dynamic coordinates for those who are always on the move.

Leave a comment:

• Olga
    replied
    Ok, thanks reply. I was hoping it was stored in the fr24feed config files. Would be a "nice to have" if possible.
    Thank you for your feedback. I think it's a good idea for future improvement.

Leave a comment:

• Olga
    replied
    Yes. Is there a way to manually update the coordinates with the pi's configuration files to insure that FR24 always has accurate coordinates on re-connection?
    You can run the sign up process again and update the coordinates in that way.
    Or another option is to send your new coordinates to support@fr24.com and your coordinates will be updated.

Leave a comment:

• Sam26K
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Khan
    replied
    Since there is no follow up to my above question, I consider it unresolved for now .
    No, you can't do that by changing any config files on your pi. You can on the other hand re-register i.e. run the signup command again.

Leave a comment:

• Sam26K
    replied
    Since there is no follow up to my above question, I consider it unresolved for now .
    Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-02-15, 00:24. Reason: typos

Leave a comment:

• Sam26K
    replied
    Originally posted by Khan View Post
    @Sam26K: From manually you mean updating them yourself after moving?
    Yes. Is there a way to manually update the coordinates with the pi's configuration files to insure that FR24 always has accurate coordinates on re-connection?

Leave a comment:

• Khan
    replied
    @Adriaan25: Yes, just send your updated coordinates in decimal format to support@fr24.com and that's it.

@Sam26K: From manually you mean updating them yourself after moving?

Leave a comment:

• Sam26K
    replied
    Originally posted by Adriaan25 View Post
    I'm also planning to move my Rpi/antenna/feeder about 20KM to improve reception. Just to be clear, the best/official procedure if I wanted to update my location is to just e-mail the coordinates? Thanks!
    Glad to know that email method works too.

But I have a similar question, how do you set coordinates manually with the actual pi settings?

Leave a comment:

• Adriaan25
    replied
    I'm also planning to move my Rpi/antenna/feeder about 20KM to improve reception. Just to be clear, the best/official procedure if I wanted to update my location is to just e-mail the coordinates? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by henry64 View Post
    Okay, done, so it's not needed to update anything in the feeders? (not participating in MLAT)
    No, you don't need to do anything else.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X