Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info Updates/Ammendments Placeholder

Placeholder for stuff
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

T-MLAT5 = Asia/India/Japan

Comment

Ta, added your others too. How to Stamp some clarity before the questions need to be asked

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Anyone with specific hardware setups that seem to work well willing to share data flow etc to centralise?

I've added a SBS3 theoretical that needs some verification. And my own beast setup.

DVBT is fairly straight forward. But happy to hear with anyone with working SBS1/1er and micro adsb etc to confirm if as straight forward as I suspect

Comment

Oblivian I have had another go at running my SBS-3 (USB) with the software (T-EGBE12)

In seven days its only crashed once, a big improvement from the daily crashes that we used to get.;-)

Its worth noting that during the install the feeder software thinks my receiver is an SBS-1 and the feeder sees much more data. Most of this data is rubbish, I only noticed this when trying to check on the crash.

AIRCRAFT SEEN: 36,934 POSITIONS REPORTED: 377,078 MAXIMUM DISTANCE: 336nm
          AIRCRAFT SEEN: 39,064 POSITIONS REPORTED: 383,128 MAXIMUM DISTANCE: 332nm

After I changed the setting to SBS-3

AIRCRAFT SEEN: 2,243 POSITIONS REPORTED: 315,350 MAXIMUM DISTANCE: 208nm
          AIRCRAFT SEEN: 2,283 POSITIONS REPORTED: 325,241 MAXIMUM DISTANCE: 199nm
          AIRCRAFT SEEN: 2,461 POSITIONS REPORTED: 342,180 MAXIMUM DISTANCE: 204nm

Comment

Hi Folks, about this thread, still work?

MLAT requires 4+ in-range receivers:
            - Various combinations of Rpi + FR24 receivers contribute (1FR + 3 Pi, 2FR + 2Pi etc)
            - min. 1x FR24 receiver required in combination
            - Overlapping FR24 Receiver GPS-time MLAT prioritised
            - NTP used for commonreference on RPis alongside FR24 data
            - All receivers need to contact the same Mode-S Only aircraft (and 1x ADSB reference aircraft).

Comment

Originally posted by vinicius325 View Post
              Hi Folks, about this thread, still work?

MLAT requires 4+ in-range receivers:
              - Various combinations of Rpi + FR24 receivers contribute (1FR + 3 Pi, 2FR + 2Pi etc)
              - min. 1x FR24 receiver required in combination
              - Overlapping FR24 Receiver GPS-time MLAT prioritised
              - NTP used for commonreference on RPis alongside FR24 data
              - All receivers need to contact the same Mode-S Only aircraft (and 1x ADSB reference aircraft).
              Yes. (well. we've not been told otherwise)

But before asking if you will help by adding a GPS receiver like last time - https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...733#post104733

Nothing has changed there, and adding one will not assist. Only FR24 feeders use GPS. All others are NTP for reference only.
              Last edited by Oblivian; 2018-10-04, 07:04.

Comment

It may be coincidence (I changed a few things ), but pointing your Pi running fr24feed to a local Stratum 1 NTP server appears to allow it to send more MLAT data to FR24.

fr24mlat.png

"MLAT Seen" is "mlat-number-seen" from the monitor.txt page.
                "MLAT Pushed" is "mlat-time-last-push_count".

Around the middle of Week 38 I edited the Pi's /etc/hosts to point all the NTP servers FR24feed uses to the local NTP server.

Comment

Originally posted by elljay View Post
                  It may be coincidence (I changed a few things ), but pointing your Pi running fr24feed to a local Stratum 1 NTP server appears to allow it to send more MLAT data to FR24.
                  Makes no difference whatsoever. NTP is only used to get a common time to work with, all actual mlat sync is done via the ADSB aircraft.

/M
                  F-ESDF1, F-ESGG1, F-ESGP1, F-ESNK1, F-ESNV2, F-ESNV3 F-ESSL4, F-ESNZ7, F-LFMN3
                  T-ESNL1, T-ESNL2, T-ESGR15
                  P-ESIA, P-ESIB, P-ESGF, P-ESSN, P-EFMA
                  mrmac (a) fastest.cc

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post

Yes. (well. we've not been told otherwise)

But before asking if you will help by adding a GPS receiver like last time - https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...733#post104733

Nothing has changed there, and adding one will not assist. Only FR24 feeders use GPS. All others are NTP for reference only.
                    Where I live, there are 5 FR24 feeds and 3 rpi in the region, but the MLAT does not improve.
                    Your post seems stuck, if I did everything I need to do to contribute. There is a software that changes the data of the airplane's Timestamp at the hardware level, so that they are not used in other competing networks.
                    Last edited by vinicius325; 2021-05-20, 12:17.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMac View Post

Makes no difference whatsoever. NTP is only used to get a common time to work with, all actual mlat sync is done via the ADSB aircraft.

/M
                      I see that if I can compile the program that changes the timestamp of the planes, then yes I can mlat the way the FR24 works.

Comment

I see that if I can compile the program that changes the timestamp of the planes, then yes I can mlat the way the FR24 works.
                        NO. Your data is NOT GPS-timestamped in the receiver, it is useless with GPS.
                        F-ESDF1, F-ESGG1, F-ESGP1, F-ESNK1, F-ESNV2, F-ESNV3 F-ESSL4, F-ESNZ7, F-LFMN3
                        T-ESNL1, T-ESNL2, T-ESGR15
                        P-ESIA, P-ESIB, P-ESGF, P-ESSN, P-EFMA
                        mrmac (a) fastest.cc

Comment

Stop digging up 2 year old threads just because you noticed new things in your logs. They're already addressed in recent ones.

Comment

I have this problem above and I thought I would find people educated and knowledgeable on the subject. I wanted to give my hunch of observations because there are a number of topics that I don't see opening up to the subject and this topic being open, I decided to post ..
                            and another, remove the topic about MLAT via RPI because it is fake news ...

Comment

Originally posted by MrMac View Post

NO. Your data is NOT GPS-timestamped in the receiver, it is useless with GPS.
                              I know this, I mean that the data is changed at the software level for an instant and stamped the time normally, like piaware does.

Comment

Working...
                              X