X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paradiselost
    replied
    Originally posted by N35W View Post
    Does Flightaware share data with Flightradar24? If not can you make a deal with them for better coverage in Los Angeles?

KVNY used to be the busiest GA airport in the USA. I'm not sure if it still holds the title. KBUR and KWHP are right next to it to increase the stress level. This is not reflected on the radar.

I'm looking for better coverage in my area I'm next to KSMO. I get a few KSMO and KVNY. KLAX comes in pretty good. It has the most ground targets. I don't see any ground targets for KWHP, KBUR, KHHR, KLGB, KFUL, KEMT, KPOC, KONT, KRIV
    Ground reception relies on line of sight from your antenna. Trees and buildings and hills between you and the airport impact this as well as the height of your antenna. The curvature of the earth is a big factor also, anything beyond 7 or 10 miles is impossible to detect on the ground.

John

F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete
    Last edited by paradiselost; 2016-02-13, 05:57.

Leave a comment:

• Oblivian
    replied
    No. They are competitors.

They use the Same FAA sources however. But its up to an individual to upload to the chosen network. Some company owned hardware restricts this.

Your best bet is to get people in those areas to apply for a receiver.

Leave a comment:

• N35W
    started a topic Data Sharing

Data Sharing

Does Flightaware share data with Flightradar24? If not can you make a deal with them for better coverage in Los Angeles?

KVNY used to be the busiest GA airport in the USA. I'm not sure if it still holds the title. KBUR and KWHP are right next to it to increase the stress level. This is not reflected on the radar.

I'm looking for better coverage in my area I'm next to KSMO. I get a few KSMO and KVNY. KLAX comes in pretty good. It has the most ground targets. I don't see any ground targets for KWHP, KBUR, KHHR, KLGB, KFUL, KEMT, KPOC, KONT, KRIV
Working...
X